free hit
counters
Palmer Sport, anyone been? - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Palmer Sport, anyone been?

We are taking some clients to Palmer Sport in Bedford tomorrow. Just wondered if anyone else has been and what their experience was like?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes I've been several times. It's the best Corporate motorsport day out there bar none. Expensive but a truly fantastic day driving 7 or 8 cars with tutors sat next to you egging you on to go faster a

Posted Images

Not me, but I only live 15 minutes away. I've often wanted to pop by for a look, but they don't let spectators in, unless they are an invited guest of a booked event like yours. I even phoned them up a few weeks ago under the pretext of arranging a noise test for my Evora GTE in advance of possibly booking a track day. However, it was something that needed specially arranging on a non-corporate day so I never got round to it.

I'll be interested to know how you get on.

Yes I've been several times. It's the best Corporate motorsport day out there bar none. Expensive but a truly fantastic day driving 7 or 8 cars with tutors sat next to you egging you on to go faster and faster. Caterhams were an absolute hoot but so were all the cars.

You and they will love it 

• Like 1

I have been and although it is expensive it is also very good. A considerable step above the "driving experience" type thing. You're really driving on Palmersport.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Been several times - both to corporate days and also independently to open track days. All very well run and the facilities are better than at most tracks. Also purpose built tracks means plenty of safe run- off rather than nasty concrete/ tyre/Armco barriers .  Good luck and enjoy.

ian P ('Deep Purple' Esprit GT3)

I guessed it was a cut above when I saw the menu. Instead of burgers and chips it's Fillet Steak, Lobster or whole Dover sole!

Great, can't wait then! Only down side is having to be there for 07:45 when I am 2 hours away!

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

2 hour drive, a mere stone's throw away.:lol:

Us Notherners had to get up at 2:00am to get down to Lotus HQ for our factory visit meet up at 8:00am.:scooter:

Enjoy your day.:driving:

Edited by PaulLF1
On 12/07/2017 at 12:29, Bazza 907 said:

Yes I've been several times. It's the best Corporate motorsport day out there bar none. Expensive but a truly fantastic day driving 7 or 8 cars with tutors sat next to you egging you on to go faster and faster. Caterhams were an absolute hoot but so were all the cars.

You and they will love it 

This. Love the JPLM cars personally.

• Gold FFM
On 7/12/2017 at 16:55, PaulLF1 said:

2 hour drive, a mere stone's throw away.:lol:

Us tight arse Notherners had to get up at 2:00am to get down to Lotus HQ for our factory visit meet up at 8:00am.:scooter:

Enjoy your day.:driving:

FTFY.

I'm in Scotland so I booked a four day trip around Norwich and Norfolk to coincide. Champers and lobster and steak the whole way!   It's the way I roll.  No literally, I roll........

rolling.jpg

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

4 seconds faster than anyone else on my day! And was 2 seconds faster still in the Lemans Style prototype.

Watch my lap here! And yes, I can see where I could have been o the power quicker too!!

Cracking day isn't it. Did a 78.7 in the single seater last month on a boiling hot day and a 78.8 in the JPLM. Have done a 77 in the JPLM before when conditions were spot on.  

My next lap was quicker but someone spun and came back on infront of me on a corner. At that point I sort of crapped myself and drove off the road to avoid him!

I was just thinking that it was lovely seeing a completely empty track at Bedford, so yeah I can see why a spun car would be quite the unpleasant surprise. Nice pedalling. I assume the blue pro trace is Jolyon's. It really shows how smooth and optimised you can get when you really have confidence in the machine and what it can do, plus the track knowledge of course.

• 1 month later...

Brilliant place, I went a few times but not in the last 7 or 8 years. The thing that marks them out from the rest is that they properly tutor you, encourage you to go faster and beyond what you think are your limits. Very expensive but very worth it. If you want to book as an individual they will knock some money off for short notice bookings to fill up a day.