free hit
counters
2014 v6s or 350 Sport - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2014 v6s or 350 Sport

Five50

Interested in feedback from those that have owned or driven both. There's pretty much a minimum £10k price differential- which outwardly seems like quite a bit for a nicer gear change and less than a 5pc weight reduction (even less if the 350 is not on forged wheels, two piece discs and has a/c).

Does the 350 feel materially better in terms of fit and finish / quality / driving experience / handling / other.

interested in your thoughts...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Did 4K miles and 2 track days in my V6S. Done 1200 miles and 1 track day with 350. 

Improvements of 350 are 

• much better gear change m especially when gearbox gets hot - missed gearchanges a fair few time in V6S 
  • steering - less frantic steering wheeli over the bumpy roads and reduced understeer. 
  • Engine gets up to temp quicker 
  • less heat soak in engine bay due to slatted cover. Fair bit coooler when opening it  on track day vs glass cover. 

I don't get too hung up ion purchase price, more so the depreciation .  Even though there is say a £10k delta on the cars, at resale time I think the delta is still the same. 

Either car is great. Personally I would go for 350 if you can afford it 

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

That's really insightful, as I am in the same position when it comes to weighing up the options on V6 vs. 350. IdeallynI'm considering a cup car, but things like gear change and heat in the engine bay. Are all considerations.

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, DrTroy said:

Can the changes to the 350 be retro fitted to the S? Is it cost effective? Or would it be better to sell the S and buy a 350?

Tailgate yes, alignment yes, gear change mechanism no - this is based on what I've read. I do not think it is cost effective, but naturally depends on how much value you attach to the exposed gear change mechanism that works better (based on what happy users say). :driving:

1 hour ago, vd9 said:

Tailgate yes, alignment yes, gear change mechanism no - this is based on what I've read. I do not think it is cost effective, but naturally depends on how much value you attach to the exposed gear change mechanism that works better (based on what happy users say). :driving:

i vaguely recall Dave at Seriously lotus mentioning he would be developing a louvred boot lid at some point.

Having driven a 350 back to back with my V6, I didn't think the cost to change was worth it and I didn't like some of the changes that had been made either. 

I had a V6S LF1  for nearly 2 years and covered 7500 miles in it. Did a couple of trackdays with it too.

Traded it in for a Sport 350. After having experience with both cars and if asked which car I prefer, it would be the Sport 350. Even though the LF1 was a special car to look at, I had no mechanical issues with it either.