free hit
counters
Classic Bike/Moped! insurance - Bike Banter - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
910Esprit

Classic Bike/Moped! insurance

I'd like to do a few miles on my DR350 this year (no more than 1000).   Its 26 years old.   I'd also like to insure my Raleigh Wisp (no more than 20 miles!)  Its 50 years old.    Can anyone recommend a Bike insurance company/broker that will insure such bikes for not much money.....     

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I used Bennetts when I Had my XT350 which was cheap along with my 1989 Pepsi RGV.

DR is a nice bike, nearly bought one once but got sold when I popped back. 

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Cheers Dave, I'll check them out.   I like my DR, the only problem is that its the early kick start only model and notoriously tricky to start, which was all very well when I bought it new 26 years ago....    Funnily enough I was looking at some strokers on ebay earlier, still fancy a TZR or similar  

• Like 1

Nice bike.

I have a 1948 MK1 Vello parked up in my garage. No problems with kick start as you just pull the lever to start her, same with gear change, all hand operated. Unusual spec for such an old bike. Alloy wheels, shaft drive and water cooled. Bought her as a winter project a few years ago which is probably never going to get done as far to many cars too see to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 910Esprit said:

Those Velocette's always seemed radical - but only their mother (or its owner) could love its looks!

Shame on you, you would think you were speaking about a Porsche or a Audi.

This was one of Britain's finest built bikes in it's day. Super silent and favoured by our police force. Poachers hated them as the police could creep up and catch them without being heard coming.

images.jpg

• Like 2