free hit
counters
Poll - problems with seats - Page 3 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Poll - problems with seats  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe a fix for this may be available now, maybe even for the past few weeks. I will check on Monday and get back to you with what I find out. 

Got reply now! I let you know more soon, must run. But it seems like they are not aware of the problem, or at least wont admit it.

@MartynB I think your writeup describes the issue excellently. You might add that the long seatback actually amplifies the play and this is what you notice most when driving. I discarded the 3D-p

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty conclusive poll outcome though! - over 80% of respondents have problems with their seats. Hope this information has been communicated to Lotus?

not that I expect them to do anything about it.     Poor show Lotus.

That's just fine

12 minutes ago, stratosboy said:

Pretty conclusive poll outcome though! - over 80% of respondents have problems with their seats. Hope this information has been communicated to Lotus?

not that I expect them to do anything about it.     Poor show Lotus.

As I said

I have mailed with CEO Mr Gales. They are aware, but wont do anything about it since it requires a new certificate (probably related to crash testing).

Edited by PeterSweden

Whilst bolting the runners tight may well solve the problem, I'm not too sure that can legally be done in the UK, since an adjustable drivers seat is necessary in order to pass the annual MOT.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/10/2017 at 20:42, Spinney said:

Whilst bolting the runners tight may well solve the problem, I'm not too sure that can legally be done in the UK, since an adjustable drivers seat is necessary in order to pass the annual MOT.

This is what my dealer said when I suggested this as a fix. I’m not sure I agree with them but hey ho. Going to be a home mod I reckon. Not fussed just now but if it gets worse I’ll look for a solution. Can anyone describe /document what they did to secure their seat?

I had the same problem like everybody in this post.

I spoke with my Lotus dealer and they changed under warranty the seat runners received from UK.

Honestly after this work done more than 8 months ago the problem is solved.

Let's keep the finger crossed!!!!!

• Like 1
On 02/11/2017 at 09:49, Sharky said:

This is what my dealer said when I suggested this as a fix. I’m not sure I agree with them but hey ho. Going to be a home mod I reckon. Not fussed just now but if it gets worse I’ll look for a solution. Can anyone describe /document what they did to secure their seat?

Ah, just found the other threads. ?

• 2 years later...

Mine started rocking in Snetterton yesterday - 14 plate car. Admittedly I wasn't aware of this issue up until I started looking for it - genuinely surprised to see that it's such a big and widely documented problem.

Shame really because even though a Lotus owner should never care about quality of plastics, rattles, noise, rusted bolts {put whatever you fancy in here - list is big} one thing to care is absolute driving experience. And a rocking seat on a driver's car is disappointing. In my opinion - and given that Lotus was aware of the problem - it would be way better if they just bolt the bloody thing and sell the car like that.

Fix is easy and cheap but this is barely the point - I got a tensioner on order from @Seriouslylotus so I'll be cracking on as soon as I receive it.

rant_over

• Gold FFM

You may find your dealer will do it for free - mine was covered under warranty - but as it was a known issue they may offer something as a gesture of goodwill if you are out of warranty. After the fix they were perfect. 

• Like 1