free hit
counters
Driveshaft seal tool - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Glyn Harper

Driveshaft seal tool

Hi all. I need to replace one of the driveshaft oil seals on my Renault box.

firstly, is there a source for the seal, and ideally the O ring and split pins needed?

secondly, rather than purchase another one, if anyone has the special tool from SJ to fit it, is there any chance I could borrow it?

I'm willing to pay postage of course, and even the full price as a deposit if it makes you less twitchy. Just seems a waste to buy one when it's only used once in a blue moon, and I'm sure a few of you have them sat gathering dust. :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

SJ do all the bits but many people have used more generic seals. I used the 'double seal' method on mine and pressed them in to the right depths with a home made tool. Been done about a year now and no drips.

There's plenty of info on it all here: https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/77762-drive-shaft-oil-seal/

Edited by eeyoreish

Yes indeed. :)

my new seal and new roll pins arrived today actually. Just use silicone once the roll pins are in or put some on the roll pins themselves before you instert them?

got some more Taf-x as well to replace the leaked oil, and a new O ring. Hopefully this will sort it. The passenger side one is fine!

13 minutes ago, Glyn Harper said:

my new seal and new roll pins arrived today actually. Just use silicone once the roll pins are in or put some on the roll pins themselves before you instert them?

Both !! Then slather more on once they are in place. Hateful things