free hit
counters
Why did I do that? Another restoration project! Elite 503 - Page 3 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
TAR

Why did I do that? Another restoration project! Elite 503

Well done Tim,   Glad to see your dog joining you again in the restoration pics :thumbup:   That rust stuff looks great,  I like the idea of it been eco friendy,  Think i may have to try some of this stuff ,  I like the idea of the chemicals doing the hard work and not the wire brush :P

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just a little update. I've just been tinkering with the car over the last week or so. I've removed the old headlining and cleaned and painted the handbrake mechanism and its associated mounting parts. This is ready to reconnect once I have the brakes functional.

I've ordered up some bits from SJ Sportscars and a few eBay items to keep the build progressing. The headlamp vacuum pods are in a bad state, I'll try to repair them as they are nearly £200 each to replace! I do have some MX5 motors but no mounting brackets. I'll be able to get an MOT with the lights in the obligatory up position with the original vacuum pods and springs in place.

I've also had the car running, just so I know it can. It appears to have good oil pressure. There are no back boxes fitted yet so its a bit noisy.

WP_20170910_14_34_43_Pro.mp4

Sorry about the quality of the video :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I repaired my vacume pods on a +2 by filling it with water and then welding a new bottom on it, worked fine.

• Like 1