free hit
counters
42K miles in and still smitten - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
DaveC72

42K miles in and still smitten

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Great tribute to a gorgeous and deeply capable car.

'S1' interior remains a very fine effort from Lotus that they have yet to surpass in my opinion.

If your numbers come up you can buy me a GT430 'n' all!

:thumbup:

• Thanks 1

Great and +1 on business travel really, really dull especially the lonely meal for one in a hotel reading TLF on your iPad. 

• Thanks 1

Hats off to you Dave for using your car and getting the most value out of it, well done.

Trevor.

• Thanks 1

great post, a car thats used as it should.. i still find it hard to understand how manufactures of other sports cars, rep mobiles, and general family cars havnt cant get there cars to handle and ride the pot holes and rubbish quality uk roads as well as the Evoras...

so what consumables / servicing have you required... all basic stuff?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, andyj007 said:

so what consumables / servicing have you required... all basic stuff?

All basic stuff.

New boots every eight thousand miles.  

Service intervals are coming up pretty regularly, but not prohibitively expensive - certainly cheaper than previous M cars I've run.

I am particularly amazed just how little oil the car uses.

Oh, and I am still on the original clutch which still "feels" good.

I definitely need to start thinking about new anchors soon, however.

Well done!  Cars are meant to be used.  I’m 5k miles in in five months and my Evora is not my daily driver (commute by Tube).

Always found it odd that folks can keep their miles so low, but then I am more fond of recreational driving than most.

• Like 1

Nice write up Dave, thanks for sharing. Out of interest do you still run the OEM Pirelli tyres? Have you thought about swapping to Michelin as supposed to last a lot longer?

• Like 1

there certainly not expensive cars to run... 

unlike this i just watched ladst night :) worth a watch for sure..  125k for a fuel tank every 3 years!!

looking at your signature,  i bet you have fun times jumping straight from the disco into the evora..   i remember jumping from a small lorry into a fiat x19 ..  was like jumping into the fastest  sports car in the world :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, internets said:

Out of interest do you still run the OEM Pirelli tyres? Have you thought about swapping to Michelin as supposed to last a lot longer?

I've looked at the Michelins and keep meaning to try them, but I'm quite happy with the OEM Pirellis.  Last change was 3,000 miles ago so I'll be due a new set in about 3 months so I will make the effort to give them a go then.  It would involve getting them ordered in - and there's the rub... I need to be a bit better organised!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, andyj007 said:

looking at your signature,  i bet you have fun times jumping straight from the disco into the evora..   i remember jumping from a small lorry into a fiat x19 ..  was like jumping into the fastest  sports car in the world :)

I seldom drive the Disco to be honest - it's the OH's car and we genuinely need a big arse 4x4 to tow the Horse Box (there is a whole conversation to be had about why you need to "drive" a horse anywhere - I mean their very existence is to get to places so why involve additional transport to do it?  NB I will deny ever saying this should my OH become aware.  I think it's funny.  She?  Not so much).  It's certainly chalk and cheese.  

In a world of coincidences I've just been having pretty much the exact same conversation with a colleague who runs a Caterham and a Disco.

@DaveC72 nice write up, great! Easy to get the Pzero Corsas in UK? 2 months ago ordering a new set in germany, it had been a Little hassle to get the front tires, it seemed that Pirelli is producing the corsas only "time to time" esp the front Dimension (all LS spesification)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Snoopy1969 said:

@DaveC72 nice write up, great! Easy to get the Pzero Corsas in UK? 2 months ago ordering a new set in germany, it had been a Little hassle to get the front tires, it seemed that Pirelli is producing the corsas only "time to time" esp the front Dimension (all LS spesification)

Rears don't seem to be a problem, fronts are being changed on a ratio of 3 to 1 so I haven't changed them recently so I really couldn't give you a recent "real world" experience on the front tyres.  A quick google at my normal supplier came up with this, so maybe we have better availability in the UK?

Tyre technology moves on pretty rapidly.  The Michelin PS4 is superior to the P Zero Corsa in every single way.

• Thanks 1

@DaveC72 ok thanks, I changed the fronts after 25000 km, ratio 1:2 front to rears, a lot of mm left, but after the fronts were 5 years old I ppreferred to change them, better feel now. If the supply will be worse in the future maybe change to michelin will be an alternative, actually I like the corsas, working well, even in the wet fine. 

• Like 1