free hit
counters
Speccing a 250 Cup - Page 4 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Speccing a 250 Cup

Neal H

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
9 hours ago, lovus said:

Carbon fibre hardtop (minus 3kg) – £3,000

£1,000 per kilo!!!!!

Given that 3 kilos out of 900 odd isn't going to be noticeable that's some dedication. Cheaper options could include:

Going on a diet

Having a poo before going on track (okay, unlikely to save 3 kilos unless you have real problems)

Having a haircut (every little helps)

Spend £1000 on a fancy carbon helmet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kawasaki and Toxic are both very nice, but Motorsport Green will be best.

(I'll prove it with a picture when it finally arrives).

• Like 1

The Red 260 Cup in the Lotus Press photo,s last week, looks amazing, not sure what Red it is, sure there are lots off folks on here to answer that question, never seen a Elise cup in that colour, if I was speccing my cup again, I think that would be my choice. I know people are going to say the 260 was gold in the press photos, but I have seen pics of the car in the red which looks the same Red as the press Evora 430.

Edited by scotty435
Added

• 3 weeks later...

It's due to roll off the production line during week commencing 27th November. Silverstone will need to do some work to it - fitting harnesses, painting calipers, gtech paint treatment and ppf, adding stripes, so hopefully ready for me to collect first week of December.

In the past I've always bought cars from stock, so this is the first that I've actually sat down and worked out the spec for myself. I'm genuinely excited :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neal H said:

It's due to roll off the production line during week commencing 27th November. Silverstone will need to do some work to it - fitting harnesses, painting calipers, gtech paint treatment and ppf, adding stripes, so hopefully ready for me to collect first week of December.

In the past I've always bought cars from stock, so this is the first that I've actually sat down and worked out the spec for myself. I'm genuinely excited :)

Not long now Neal.

Don't forget if you used Facebook to join up to the Elise Cup Owners Group on there. There are quite a few active members including myself where we discuss all sorts of Cup related topics. B-)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Composite guru said:

There are quite a few active members including myself where we discuss all sorts of Cup related topics.

You are welcome to invite the facebook gang to TLF, where their thoughts will be retained for future owners/potential owners to benefit from their wisdom. Facebook is more 'in the instant' and not so good at that. :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

2 minutes ago, Bibs said:

You are welcome to invite the facebook gang to TLF, where their thoughts will be retained for future owners/potential owners to benefit from their wisdom. Facebook is more 'in the instant' and not so good at that. :)

I think most are on here anyway Bibs so it goes both ways.

Strangely there are a few that don't use forums and only facebook so I have been pointing them in this direction. :)

• Like 1

:thumbup:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 3 weeks later...

:wub:

• Like 1

Evora NA