free hit
counters
Speccing a 250 Cup - Page 7 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Speccing a 250 Cup

Neal H

Silverstone had them done for me along with the yellow Cup decals and painted calipers.

I didn't get too close a look at the Type 250 as it was pouring with rain at the time, but initial impression was that it's superbly done - excellent quality. I particularly love the wheels!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Congratulations on receiving your Cup, Neal. I saw the 'collection' photo on Silverstone's Instagram feed and yet again had a bit of a 'wow' moment, similar to when I saw the previous photos on here. I quite liked the discreet look before the union flags were added, but even I relented and added a pair to my V6 Cup after a while, albeit in monochrome.

Looking forward to seeing it at a trackday hopefully (Hint: I'm booked on at Snetterton on April 22nd)

21 minutes ago, Neal H said:

Silverstone had them done for me along with the yellow Cup decals and painted calipers.

I didn't get too close a look at the Type 250 as it was pouring with rain at the time, but initial impression was that it's superbly done - excellent quality. I particularly love the wheels!

Silverstone seem to be pushing the boat out, when it comes to customer needs which is great, I know small but important details do not come for free but other Lotus dealers should take note, it's about customer care and they seem to get 5star reviews for there after service as well. Good on them, your yellow calipers would look nice on the Type 250, but understand why they are red to go with Type 25 red details and what I have seen in the pictures a bit more red inside would have been good. Anyway enough of that it all about your car which is absolutely stunning well done and hope to see you and your Cup around.

Thanks Scott. Silverstone are great, it's the small deatils that matter which is why I've bought four cars from them over the years.

I'm not on Facebook (or any social media), so please post up on here if there are any Elise Cup gatherings or Track Days being attended.

Thanks,

Neal.

24 minutes ago, Arun_D said:

Congratulations on receiving your Cup, Neal. I saw the 'collection' photo on Silverstone's Instagram feed and yet again had a bit of a 'wow' moment, similar to when I saw the previous photos on here. I quite liked the discreet look before the union flags were added, but even I relented and added a pair to my V6 Cup after a while, albeit in monochrome.

Looking forward to seeing it at a trackday hopefully (Hint: I'm booked on at Snetterton on April 22nd)

Thanks Arun. I am planning to book the LoT Hethel day on 2nd June. Who have you booked Snetterton with?

• Like 1

@Neal H IMHO you have the best looking elise on earth!

I was waiting for your first impressions as you have a lot of previous Lotus experience. I have also done a few hundred kilometers and I couldn't agree more for the overall experience.

As for the sound, it sounds much louder (especailly around 2500-3000 rpm) until the engine is warmed up. But still good when it's warm.

Maybe the only thing I don't like much is the response of gas pedal. This is my first time using a supercharged engine. I like the linear power of supercharger, however the first response is almost like a turbo engine. Do you feel the same?

Other than that, it's the perfect car for me.

Edited by lovus
  • Thanks 1

Please can you do pictures of the inner of rear clam with the lights cover off? I want understand if the clam is the same of previous S3 to retrofit 4 big lights and relative trensom panel but i'm not sure if they changed the clam ad the light holes too.

I totally dislike the new look of the rear lights that is similar to the 1st evora.

Thank you

Neal H,

That is just one lovely Elise.:thumbup:

Well worth the wait and beautifully specced.

Have you taken the roof off yet?

When you do any chance of any photos?

Superb!

Edited by PaulLF1

Neal, the more I look at the pictures of your Elise the more I want to add the Cup aero kit to my sport 220.

It wouldn't be a performance upgrade for sure, since I rarely track day the car, but it adds that bit of badassery to an already cool car.

Anyone here knows how much that might cost me? Also, would I need to drill new holes to fit the rear spoiler or will it fit in the same holes as the one I have?

Edited by GMdV

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member and hoping to place an order for a cup 250 in the next few weeks.

The spec I'm looking at is as follows:

• Elise 250 Cup (base car with std alcantara with red stitching)
  • Alcantara Steering Wheel
  • Floor Mats
  • silver alloys
  • metallic grey paint (std or dark, not sure)
  • Sound Insulation (does it noticeably reduce noise?)

This will be my weekend fast road and track day toy. My only dilemma is whether to spec Air con or not. I generally don't get too hot or bothered by the heat and would like to drive the car with the roof off at all times, as long as its not raining. I'm not too fussed about resale value either.

Also, I want to go for a grey car and looking to contrast the paint with a silver wheel colour option. What do you think?

Any feedback would be most welcome.

Edited by h-manuk

Metallic grey, silver wheels, red stitching - that should look great B-) How about red brake calipers too?

Alcantara wheel is not my cup of tea but if you like it then go for it. How do they hold up to wear in the long term? If you don't expect to use Aircon and you're not worried about resale value then why even think about speccing it? My very personal view is that he car is better without it.

Don't know about the sound proofing, it must make some difference to cabin noise but if you have the roof off most of the time you won't notice. Spend the money instead on the red calipers and save yourself a bit of weight into the bargain :)

Edited by duncx

I think the Elise Cup's look great in Grey, it was one of the colours I was keen on when first looking although I think I'd go with the black wheels rather than silver - it looks more hard-core which really suits the Cup. If you're feeling brave you could go with red wheels like the Exige 360 Cup's!

Alcantara steering wheel is one thing I wish I had specced on mine, but the downside is I think it would be quite high maintenance keeping it looking good unless you wear gloves all the time.

If you're not fussed about potential resale, then I'd definitely give the aircon a miss. I was talked into it. The stereo is crap and the car is quite noisy, so it's pointless.

The car is noisy with the sound proofing, but I've no idea how effective it is.

I'm loving mine!

Sound proofing makes a big difference to Cabon noise, especially if you run with a hardtop, it mostly consists of a thick noise insulation foam to the rear bulkhead, as far as wheels, with the Elise running on small rims in this day and age 16s/17s, in my opinion black tends disguise this, so it's black for me, as for A/C it's not that good when it works, which is as it seems not very often on the new cars, my A/C as been a nightmare.