free hit
counters
Stolen and I am pis...d off - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Stolen and I am pis...d off

Dave Freeman

As you may know when we first moved in we had a burglary and the bast....rds stole all my petrol garden tools. I spent a fortune on cctv and alarms to ensure it did not happen again. Of course as they had tried to get into the house the police arrived on mass but they admitted that our stuff would never be recovered. In the early hours of Friday morning the c...ts stole my caravan, it's not just the caravan though, inside we had all our personal possessions, camping gear that we had collected over the years, tv, expensive Cobb cookers etc. No a f.....g sign of coppers, could not give a toss. We got a crime number and they said they would write to me if they found anything - write? I though the police had computers these days.

we will never get it back, and what's worst £15,000 down the drain - not insured ?

With all the technology cctv and alarms - waste of time i might just as well stand outside the house and give my money away. 

So what's it to be, razor wire, electrify the fences or stand guard every night with a shot gun. Personally if I do catch any one nicking from me again I would shoot them, they should not be on my property.

police, what police they are a joke."...............

• Sad 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That's terrible Dave....

Should be possible to at least recover the caravan though? Unless they managed to get it to mainland Europe in the meantime (unfortunately this is often the case).

Although I'd think that in the UK, with its blanket coverage of security cameras, it should be possible to identify and track any vehicle based on plates (unless they switched them) or appearance?

Maybe in future just fit all your vehicles with a kill switch or well hidden battery switch to make things harder on thieves. Maybe even a tracker? Although I'd think stuff like that shouldn't be needed in a healthy society... 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Dave - sorry, that's really shit.

The Police have become a total joke in this country. Without going into the reasons why (massive can of worms!), I think their focus is totally wrong.

I saw a poster in the loos of Fleet Services last week - "If you see a distressed dog in a hot car, dial 999"

However tragic it is that someone is f..king stupid enough to lock their dog in a hot car, IS THIS REALLY A PRIORITY for our overstretched emergency services?

I live in the middle of nowhere, and whilst I appreciate that I am very lucky to be isolated from the significant majority of morons who are taking over the general population (whatever happened to survival of the fittest?), the last time I rang 999 to report a car accident that I had just seen happen in front of me, I got told to ring another number. I rang this number, only to be told that I had rung the Suffolk response line and needed to ring the Norfolk one. At this point, as no one was injured (although the car was in a hedge on the wrong side of the carriageway and posing a risk to other drivers), I gave up and went home to put the kettle on.

I totally agree about the right to defend your property - we need laws that start to protect the victims of crime, (or even potential victims of crime) and forget about protecting the rights of low life scum who care nothing for anyone else.

Don't for Christ sake start me on the low life scum who raped the 14 year old kid as he picked her up after she'd just been raped. Firing squad. Surely our armed response police need some target practice!!

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

• Gold FFM

Absolutely stinks chap. 

Police seem just as bad when responding to trades vans who get robbed. 

If you ever catch one - beat them to death and stick them at the bottom of the stairs with a tv on them.......

I park my van next to the dog kennels - nowt gets past them two - they go tits when any vehicle or person comes up our drive.

Only here once

Why isn't your insurance covering it Dave? Surely minimum cover would include theft? 

Shit reaction from the Police  though, I'd have thought they'd be very interested in seeing the CCTV footage as burglars are more often than not known to them already. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Sorry to hear that Dave.

It is not just your country. Ours are the same here and from a very long time ago.

Some person/s stole parts off my skiboat when I lived in WA. Excellent print on the side of the boat from an oily finger on the fibreglass. You could have put a piece of paper beside it and traced it. It was that good an example. We got the police out and asked if they wanted to fingerprint it before I touched it or anything?

The reply: "What do you  think this is? Hollywood?"

I have seen many caravans and boats here now fitted with wheel clamps by the owners.

Should not have to, but it seems to be the case now.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

11 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Absolutely stinks chap. 

Police seem just as bad when responding to trades vans who get robbed. 

If you ever catch one - beat them to death and stick them at the bottom of the stairs with a tv on them.......

I park my van next to the dog kennels - nowt gets past them two - they got tits when any vehicle of person comes up our drive.

Barry, how much did it cost for your dogs to have implants and which vet did you use? :P

• Haha 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Dave, sorry to hear that, you work save and spend your own money then someone else thinks they are clever and take last it from you. Terrible feeling I'm sure.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Sorry about the news Dave. I had a caravan stolen a few years ago and chased them untill i they went up a small lane i deemed to dodgy to follow as i was in my underwear. Dont ask. Needles to say when the police got to me they lost it.!!! As you say it's the personal stuff that hurts. The insurance did pay out. Now got two wheel clamps, hitch lock, and alarm plus i park my car in front of it. Makes it long winded when we want to use it, but at least it's still here.

so sorry to hear this Dave. Get onto your MP about the police behaviour. Don`t accept them telling you about cuts it is how they utilise their resources which is to blame here.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Sorry to hear that, Dave.

To most of us, burglary is one of the most despised crimes, and I also feel that it doesn't get enough police time or resources allocated to it. My wife is the Neighbourhood Watch coordinator for the road, which has now become a waste of time for her. There are no longer any meetings where the local copper used to turn up to answer questions and provide advice, and the e-mail hotline that is supposed to send her alerts of crimes or suspicious occurrences in the immediate area either arrive too late, or are not for our area at all.

Couple that with the fact that all the residents seem to think she's the local copper and if anything happens, instead of calling the cop-shop like they're supposed to, they call her, or possibly mention it in passing days later and ask her what she's going to do about it.

None of which brings your caravan back, but I would agree that it seems it's down to the householder to secure whatever he/she can, 'cos unless you've been on the receiving end of a racist comment, parked incorrectly, not returned a library book on time, or dropped a fag end by mistake instead of dropping in the bin, then there's little or no reaction to some low-life scrotebag nicking your gear.

Margate Exotics.

Sh1t! At pete says, try your MP, they are there to help you.

I'd hope the home insurance would pay out as the caravan & contents were at home?

Sorry to hear about this.

Our solution to this has been big Dogs, (not dogs with big tits as Barry seems to have), We have 7 Rhodesian Ridgebacks and a furry thing, we made sure everyone knew about them when we moved in (including the posty :devil: - scare the posty once and the whole neighbourhood knows) and have never had a problem. Also if as much as a Bunny moves around our house the whole area knows.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Marc that will do it. Alarm or Ridgeback I will take the alarm all day long if I fancied a go. Pete we got burgled about 10 years ago at our last house, they took nothing but the TV and the remote control but done 3k worth of damage getting in through 3 separate listed sash windows. 

Called the police, didn't turn up just got a crime number. Then 3 weeks later they turned up and I promise you I am not making this up gave me a little chat about being more secure and then gave me a package with a car air fresher with "Safer Bromley" written on it. 

• Like 1

Dave, let me know if there is anything I can do to be of help to you and Megan. Anytime mate, you know I'm around if you need any help or support in any way. Just let me know.

Dave.

Thanks for all the comments chaps,  I had a thought, dangerous I know, but how did these scumbags know that we had a caravan - hidden behind the trees in the paddock not visible from the road, well it could be that they saw the caravan on google maps, from the map you can easily see its a caravan, where its located and how far from the house it is. so I would recommend that you check what others can see and tell from the google map of your house !

Any way, just to give you an update - NOT A POLICEMAN IN SIGHT, they never even turned up to check for finger prints, not contact whatsoever, it would seen that they do not give a toss.

SO anyway, the paddock is now fully mined, search lights, radioactive mist to deter anyone, ICBM's and IBM's. loads of dogs roaming freely, electric fences, armed guards, 9 foot wall- not sure what else would deter a scumbag 

You just have to make it as awkward as you can for them, if it's easy pickings theyll have it sooner or later. Certainly if I owned a caravan I'd look to jack it up on to axlestands and take the wheels off when it's not being used. It ain't going far without those.

the cooking funts.............theft is awful...and especially when its something you use and treasure......

it seems to be on the rise..........we had minimal in my 'rural' setting but the amount of stuff thats being robbed these day in incredible

and thats everything from kiddies bikes to livestock............even the local ponds have had the fish taken........ 

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Agree Gavin but then there's the agro of every time you want to use the stuff you have hours of unlocking de securing and putting the wheels back on and and and......

I bet if I left something (a caravan) valuable in plain sight with the doors open no one would nick it.

wasnt that always the case........

if you dont want something....chain it up and pad lock it and its gone in moments.....

if you want something....then leave it open with a sign on 'free to a good home'

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

51 minutes ago, Dave Freeman said:

Thanks for all the comments chaps,  I had a thought, dangerous I know, but how did these scumbags know that we had a caravan - hidden behind the trees in the paddock not visible from the road, well it could be that they saw the caravan on google maps, from the map you can easily see its a caravan, where its located and how far from the house it is. so I would recommend that you check what others can see and tell from the google map of your house !

Any way, just to give you an update - NOT A POLICEMAN IN SIGHT, they never even turned up to check for finger prints, not contact whatsoever, it would seen that they do not give a toss.

SO anyway, the paddock is now fully mined, search lights, radioactive mist to deter anyone, ICBM's and IBM's. loads of dogs roaming freely, electric fences, armed guards, 9 foot wall- not sure what else would deter a scumbag 

Don't forget the pigs (and I don't mean the police), very good for getting rid of the bodies evidence when you catch someone. They will eat anything and you can recover some of your costs by selling 'scumbag' pig poo - very good for the roses

I know it's a pain in the arse but unfortunately it's all you can do. They'll steal anything these days, the really low life  scum even break into the firestation and ambulance depots nicking all the live saving equipment... this country is becoming a fucking joke!! Excuse my language, but it is.