free hit
counters
Oz futura with 315 tire - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Here are the photos of the original Oz futura with extra 0.5J outra lips and bilstein suspension on 315/30-18 tire 

hope it can help the one who wants to run this setup.

IMG_2714.JPG

IMG_2715.JPG

IMG_2716.JPG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Pan,

Could you describe what you experience with those wider Wheels/tires in drivability, such as corner grip etc. compared to standard S4s/V8 Wheels?

Any issues with suspension travel and the wider Wheels?

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

7 hours ago, Jacques said:

Thanks Pan,

Could you describe what you experience with those wider Wheels/tires in drivability, such as corner grip etc. compared to standard S4s/V8 Wheels?

Kind regards,

Jacques.

I didnt do a hard-driving yet, but I can feel the acceleration is a little slower now and add some understeer and no more spinning wheel at 1st gear(with Sport300 T3/T4 turbo).

By the way, where did you buy the intake duct(should be 90mm~100mm dia.) between the outside air intake and the air box for ram air modification?

2 hours ago, silverfrost said:

Nice work Pan,  did you leave the fronts at 235 or make them wider also ? 

I planned to keep it original of 235/40 or widen to 245/40. But There are no such sizes from Michelin PS2. Finally, I put 255/40 on the front wheels with extra around 0.25J outra lips. 

8 hours ago, Jacques said:

Thanks Pan,

Kind regards,

Jacques.

No any issue with suspension travel with normal driving. But I am going to put my new Nitron suspension to lower my car. 

Thanks Pan,

Which I will do as well. So I am very interested in any feedback as to how it performs, installs, if it's hard, how it drives etc.

Tirewise, I am using Toyo Proxes T1-S assymetric, bu I am also willing to try something else.

Remember I am running Wider S4s Wheels, which are bigger than the Sport300 Wheels. So they are 8,5*17 front and 10,0*18 rear, but will be 10,5 or 11" rear.

When I installed the V8 Monobloc Wheels on my SE 1990, I surely felt no more understeer, only more grip and better acceleration, and better brakes. These new Wheels should giv it a tad more ;)

I can easily spin my rear tires. I use a genuine Sport300 T3/T4 turbo, Sport300 ecu complete, fuelpump and fpr. plus tubular manifold, freeflow cat and exhaust. Before I did the ram air mod and before I installed a correct Sport300 intake hose, I had 330 Hp and 415 Nm and a nice chil chargecooler.

I have no powersteering so 235 is fine by me ;)

Kind regards,

Jacques.

4 hours ago, Jacques said:

Thanks Pan,

Which I will do as well. So I am very interested in any feedback as to how it performs, installs, if it's hard, how it drives etc.

Tirewise, I am using Toyo Proxes T1-S assymetric, bu I am also willing to try something else.

Remember I am running Wider S4s Wheels, which are bigger than the Sport300 Wheels. So they are 8,5*17 front and 10,0*18 rear, but will be 10,5 or 11" rear.

When I installed the V8 Monobloc Wheels on my SE 1990, I surely felt no more understeer, only more grip and better acceleration, and better brakes. These new Wheels should giv it a tad more ;)

I can easily spin my rear tires. I use a genuine Sport300 T3/T4 turbo, Sport300 ecu complete, fuelpump and fpr. plus tubular manifold, freeflow cat and exhaust. Before I did the ram air mod and before I installed a correct Sport300 intake hose, I had 330 Hp and 415 Nm and a nice chil chargecooler.

I have no powersteering so 235 is fine by me ;)

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Do you have any idea about where I can get sport 300 spec FPR?I think my fuel pump is good enough to produce more pressure, I want to upgrade the FPR to see the difference. And also I want to do the ram air to make a better intake sound.

regards,

Pan

No, I don't as every single one I have called said, that they are either the same (some said not), or they are no longer available. The last ones went on the Lotus sale last time.

What they did was making a small dent in it, so increase pressure, while testing it to have a value within limits. That's what I have been explained.

I bought a set from a german dealer, which have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and a gauge to show the value. On, test, and off Again.

The fuelpump should be able to give a slightly higher pressure than the SE/S4 one. The S4s should already havea slightly better pump, but I don't know about that. You may look in the parts list, for a clue. Alternatively, here and on other sites, a good Bosch fuelpump have been suggested. Change that even for the sake of reliability, is a good idea as well.

The ram air mod as seen on for example Lotus Esprit World, is not for sound but for direct air intake, and lessening the air speed loss of all the tubing and reversing the air stream in the standard solution. That Again was made to serve two purposes. One was to eliminate the intake noise and the clattering of the Waste gate of the turbo, and the other was to flter eventual Water from rain etc. The later though, seems not to be a real problem.

AS we have seen on dyno Measurements, it is suggested by these, that on a standard SE/S4 engine, it may produce up to 6 Hp. Since your S4s is also kitted by factory witha flowed, ported head with bigger intake valves, you may see this as a slightly better potential for gains.

The intake noise as such is a (nice to some) side effect. The amount of air and airspeed in more interesting. Another sideeffect is the temperature of the intake air. The longer the tubing is, and set up as Lotus did by standard, the piping quality and design and the thickness and isolation, the bigger the chance of heating up the intake air ever so slightly. A direct airintake has been used on motorcycles for many years with great effect, though taking amny parametes into account, such as surface, diameter, intake line, airspeed, amount of air capacity etc.

I have bought a reliable Fluke tester as and add-on to my Fluke meter, to measure temperatures various place in the intake etc.

The more you think about it, the more silly big air filter drums sitting in the engine bay with no separation to heat, seems. Btw as I wrote elsewhere, I had a new K&N box filter, and as long as it was new, it produced the same amount of Hp and NM as the standard paper filter. But after i washed it carefully and carefully slightly reoiled it, I lost 16 Hp and some Nm. And I have beed demonstrated destroyed or at least damaged intaje blades on a turbo. Well, many. So guess what I run with? Standard paper. And the surface area of that is also much bigger...

Since my Esprit is a left hand drive one, I have a lesser audible effect of the ram air mod, that you Guys in for example the UK.

But don't take my Word for it. Do some dyno measurings before after every single mod. I want to know, so I do.

Maybe someone else can chime in with their real World experience.

16 hours ago, pan said:

I planned to keep it original of 235/40 or widen to 245/40. But There are no such sizes from Michelin PS2. Finally, I put 255/40 on the front wheels with extra around 0.25J outra lips. 

Holy cow that is a big front tyre even for the esprit   :),  does the car not tramline with front tyres that size ?  would love to know the how you find the difference if their is any now to what what it was before regarding feedback through the wheel and if it has lost any feedback or what improvements you have found from running such a large front tyre :)

A