free hit
counters
Nitron 3-way - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

1 hour ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Depends on springs and what valving you are using......

More info needed please....

Well it should be that system as a straight swap with the bilstein factory system. It is a good point, I should collect the info actually ... Dan Webster did the install and geo. 

http://www.nitron.co.uk/catalogue_item.php?catID=12230&prodID=73773

(did not buy from taht website though.)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 16/08/2017 at 15:11, chumaxa said:

Well it should be that system as a straight swap with the bilstein factory system. It is a good point, I should collect the info actually ... Dan Webster did the install and geo. 

I saw your car getting the install nice setup ?

www.alias23.com

• 1 month later...

In short; the 3-way nitrons turn the Exige into a different car. It is not noticeably stiffer on the road, but a completely different animal on the track.

The most noticeable improvement is the front end bite and turn in, and then they way it is completely stable mid-corner, and feels like the acceleration is better on exit as a result of the stiffer rear.  Another big surprise was the braking, distances were shortened dramatically from the stock suspension with the same ZZR tyre setup.

Could not recommend this upgrade enough. It is a shame not all Exige's come this way from the factory!

• 6 months later...

On 8/16/2017 at 10:11, chumaxa said:

what does geo mean?

sorry. new here. thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys, 

I am about to pull the trigger on new suspension as well and I am looking at the 3 way Nitrons, or even the Ohlins TTX. My issue is that I don't really understand how I'll set it up on my car, and what is required. Also does the suspension really need to be serviced every two years? Because in that case I wouldn't really know where to send it. For either of these systems, are they pre-set recommended settings for certain tracks where I can compare my local tracks to?

For me I went TTX as they’re arguably the best and GOLD. A number of fellow owners including me are posting their setup and feedback in testing different settings. 2 adjustments I can just get my head around but 3 would just confuse me. Go Ohlins! 

These are also at a crazy price right now!

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/special-offers/exige-s3-v6/exige-v6-ohlins-ttx-2-way-damper-kit

www.alias23.com

• 3 months later...
On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 17:59, Seriouslylotus said:

I could not believe the difference between the Lotus/Nitron 2 ways and the Proper Nitron 3 ways. Lotus have Nitron restrict the adjustment so the clicks on the 2 ways do about half that of the 3 ways. I also found the spring rates selected by Lotus on the two ways to be to firm at the rear on the raod and to soft on track at the front. The Lotus Nitrons use a 40mm front damper and a 46mm rear damper. The 3 way nitrons use a 46mm damper front and rear. So totally different animals so to speak!

Like I said happy to chat a length to any one interested. Far to much info and data to type on here...............

On my imminent spending spree I'm contemplating some nitron's as well as the forged wheels / discs

I have some rather annoying questions if you'll indulge me! 

1. Presume the one way Nitron's you sell are just adjustable for height

2. On the 2 way presume ride height is adjustable by the rotating disc on the suspension - rather than the controller that is inboard? If you have to adjust via the rotating disc how easy is it to do whilst on the road? Ie not on a ramp? 

3. I'm a total luddite when it comes to suspension - I've often seen it mentioned that going for coilovers will allow you to get a greater degree of camber at the front - I really don't understand how it enables this? I thought this would be dictated totally by the arms rather than the suspension itself?

Thanks as always 

@Lo2zz you are only really supposed to set the ride height once and don't fiddle with it any frequently, you need to lift the car to do it. 1-way adjustment is a combination of compression and rebound in one parameter, 2-way is separate compression and rebound, 3-way is separate low speed compression (i.e. weight distribution of the car), high speed compression (i.e. bumps on the road) and rebound. For Lotus you are right on the camber, for many other cars new suspension's top plates allow for wider range of camber.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vd9 said:

@Lo2zz you are only really supposed to set the ride height once and don't fiddle with it any frequently, you need to lift the car to do it. 1-way adjustment is a combination of compression and rebound in one parameter, 2-way is separate compression and rebound, 3-way is separate low speed compression (i.e. weight distribution of the car), high speed compression (i.e. bumps on the road) and rebound. For Lotus you are right on the camber, for many other cars new suspension's top plates allow for wider range of camber.

Anyone have a set up of the 3 ways for track as not sure even after a bit of experimenting what works best. 

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:10, vd9 said:

Many thanks for your reply ;)

• 3 weeks later...

On 19/11/2018 at 06:24, Mattmahope said:

Could anyone describe (or even better, post pictures of) where exactly the various adjustments are on the Nitron 3 ways?  Thanks!

Not a V6 Exige but....... rebound adjustor at bottom of shock assembly.....low speed and high speed bump adjusted by the two knobs on canister.  

engine bay with headers and muffler clean up.jpg

nitron1.jpg

• Like 2

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

• 3 months later...

I am about to install my new Ohlins TTX onto my 350 Sport. I have a choice of full fat Cup R springs which are 900lb front / 1250lb rear or slightly softer road springs which are 800/1050lb. I am going to run the softer springs at least to begin with since I do a lot of road miles as well as track days and want the car to be habitable, especially for the wife!

However I have been wondering whether a potential option would be to run the soft 800lb at the front with the hard 1250lb springs at the rear. Given that the Nitrons are 550/1100, going for 800/1250 with the Ohlins would be closer proportionally to the Nitron balance and hopefully minimise potential understeer issues (although I do appreciate that the Ohlins are obviously a different damper unit so we are not comparing like with like here). Any thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Mattmahope said:

I am about to install my new Ohlins TTX onto my 350 Sport. I have a choice of full fat Cup R springs which are 900lb front / 1250lb rear or slightly softer road springs which are 800/1050lb. I am going to run the softer springs at least to begin with since I do a lot of road miles as well as track days and want the car to be habitable, especially for the wife!

However I have been wondering whether a potential option would be to run the soft 800lb at the front with the hard 1250lb springs at the rear. Given that the Nitrons are 550/1100, going for 800/1250 with the Ohlins would be closer proportionally to the Nitron balance and hopefully minimise potential understeer issues (although I do appreciate that the Ohlins are obviously a different damper unit so we are not comparing like with like here). Any thoughts?

My Cup360 can with 2way nitrons and 550/1100 springs

After first trackday i sent the Nitrons back to Nitron, Third adjuster added, and changed to 850/1100 springs, Car was significantly better 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Seriouslylotus said:

After first trackday i sent the Nitrons back to Nitron, Third adjuster added, and changed to 850/1100 springs, Car was significantly better 

Thanks, that’s good to know.

1 hour ago, Seriouslylotus said:

What would you recommend the spring rates be for a 3 way set up? Would it still be 850/1100? Going down this route with ideally an ultimate ARB added into the mix. keen to avoid adding to the understeer like Matt.

2 hours ago, BatMobile said:

What would you recommend the spring rates be for a 3 way set up? Would it still be 850/1100? Going down this route with ideally an ultimate ARB added into the mix. keen to avoid adding to the understeer like Matt.

Road F550/R850

Track F800-850  R1100-1150

Heavy track/race F 850-950 R1250-1300

All as a good start point and adjust to suit car/driver

• 6 months later...

@Seriouslylotus I have a 410 with three way introns. I find the ride very stiff on country roads and would like to dial in some softness to iron out the surface imperfections and also to make the car float better over roads with serious subsidence. I want to retain the sharp turn in

Can you suggest settings for the above pls?

Tx Joe 

• 8 months later...

Im in the same boat.......i just got my new 410 and the 3 way nitrons are awesome on flat roads and the car is flat on fast street corners with awesome turn in......however, its a bit like a pogo-stick on average bumpy roads and suspension feels like it cops a bit of clobbering.......i want to tackle some hills/country roads to enjoy the handling....any recommended setups?

Edited by Bravo73