free hit
counters
Engine mount removal - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Engine mount removal

Daniel

So with the gearbox out of the way and the engine supported, I'm ready to pull the engine from above on my S2 Esprit.

Can't decide which engine mount fixings to go for, there's the three on the engine/bracket and the three on the bracket/chassis....... both sets seem like a pig to get at, particularly on the NS where the exhaust manifold is.

Then there's one through the chassis, which is accessed through a hole....... I assumed this would be the one but having removed it, it's only something like an M6 with a 13mm thread?

Any ideas lads?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

If your talking about the rubber engine mounts, then they are a bit awkward to get at but not too bad...save the nuts as they are not metric, I think they are 5/16 unf...1/2 0r 13mm socket.

if its the brackets, they are metric  m8 ..13mm socket .Again, awkward but accessible