free hit
counters
This Could Get Interesting... A GT4 Journey - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LF1

This Could Get Interesting... A GT4 Journey

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Congratulations Tom and Alex, I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a while at least, be interesting how long you keep it. Good Spa vehicle.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Congrats Tom, you can take the boy out of the Porsche...;)

I'm sure you'll love it, i haven't read a word of criticism against them yet. At least yours will get driven properly. I wonder if you would have ended up here if your LF1 had been less troublesome? Lotus really need to understand the effect of cars that let good customers down and also how best to deal with problems when they arise.

I'm going to request that your moderatorship is maintained on the proviso that TLF are allowed to drive the GT4 regularly on track for research and comparison purposes! ;)

Keep quiet about the bubble bursting or we'll have a few more defectors from here before long!

PS this whole red thing is getting out of hand now!

• Like 2

Great car for (the drive to) Spa :lol:

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

One thing Lotus have been successful at is raising the prices far enough that true followers of the brand are looking elsewhere. I doubt Tom would have gone for a GT4 had the 430 been £100k. Am I wrong?

Trevor.

• Like 2

I think you're spot on @Trevsked I think the risk they run is that existing owners look elsewhere rather than attracting new owners who have a "Porsche" budget.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats

Difficult to ignore Porsche quality at the same price of a Lotus. Lotus have the wonderful drive that in my view can't be found elsewhere but when spending close to or more than £100k you're going to expect a little more. 

Trevor.

:ice:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

:lol:

2 hours ago, The Pits said:

Congrats Tom, you can take the boy out of the Porsche...;)

I'm sure you'll love it, i haven't read a word of criticism against them yet. 

Most people are still sneering when seeing a Porsche, and it will have passed before the driver hears their comments.He's my opinion in print.....all Porsche are shite. Fact :P

• Haha 1

Looking forward to hearing some first hand comparisons on this, is it the mid Sussex car? Looks lovely.

On pistonheads there's the chap with a 3-11 and a GT4 too...

Black n gold

16 plate? I assume it's 12 to 18 months old then. At such low miles I guess it's been hoarded. Not many cars people would still pay over list for at that age. Bubble's not quite burst yet then, but the owner may be seeing the writing on the wall and realising his "investment" before it's too late. Welcome to the world of Porsche GT# ownership.

Yes. It's exactly a year old 1 owner, apparently he trailed to and from the dealership - however it was not on SOR, the dealership owned it, guessing someone traded for a gen 2 GT3. There were 2 at mid Sussex. We went to consider the 5k miles one but took the as new 300 mile one with the CS package and CF seats. 2 years warranty. Still some for silly money - this was not one of them. 2 years Porsche warranty remaining which is nice. Still kicking myself we had a build slot 2 years ago but pulled out in favour of keeping the LF1 only to sell it a year later anyway because we prefer the Elise. 

My reference to the bubble bursting is the fact we've bought one. And we always get it wrong with cars! Lucky this is for us to drive and not our retirement fund. 

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Yes. We seem to have gone all red now. We were neutral on colour. Other than black which looks great but is a nightmare to keep looking nice.

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Invasion!

Sound the air raid sirens!

Looks great Tom and so happy for you as I believe you will fall in love with the GT4 for sure...

Personally I would still prefer a 997 GT3 ?

www.alias23.com

Looks great.

Great colour.

I am sure it will be a good car.

However. It's a Porsche. Now you will go to sleep at night knowing that everyone who see's you driving it will think you are a cock. Sweet dreams. ;)

AT least is does not have two stupid seats in the rear. Every cloud.....

Enjoy. Go easy on the engine and watch the strut tops.

• Haha 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Very nice. B-) 

Driving buddy has one in Riviera blue. Only a handful in the UK and didn't we come across another on its first Highlands outing. 18montgs on he's still delighted with it.