free hit
counters
This Could Get Interesting... A GT4 Journey - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LF1

This Could Get Interesting... A GT4 Journey

11 hours ago, C8RKH said:

However. It's a Porsche. Now you will go to sleep at night knowing that everyone who see's you driving it will think you are a cock. Sweet dreams. ;)

You have met Tom, right?..

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Nice to see a few more in drivers hands :-)

you will need a few parts and a geo though like always,   oem set ups are always dire, even Lotus cannot set up a car after 20 years of Elise sales !  if you can drive anywhere over 30%

once tweaked though a great drivers car.

gt41.jpg

• Like 1

I think you're starting to enjoy this now Tom. Just remember the styling inspiration was the Panamera which explains a lot! :D

Exige looks like an elephant has sat on it next to that.

You're really making it hard for me to keep my 410 away from the remappers and I haven't even got it yet!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Porsche looks class Tom!

Shame the Exige next to it has the look at me stickers which makes it look like a toy vs a proper car...

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Yup and toys are the things you have fun with.

And they really did try to incorporate styling cues from the ugliest Porsche in history. That idea must have come from the same bloke who decided to detune a perfectly good 911 engine!

23 hours ago, C8RKH said:

AT least is does not have two stupid seats in the rear. Every cloud.....

No. It's not an Evora ?

I forgot about the stupid, stupid things Porsche insisted on doing in these cars... all this R&D and the radio comes on every time you start the car at default volume regardless of how you leave it. And the parking brake... argggg!!!

• Like 1

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

2 hours ago, Herr LF1 GmbH said:

Cuckoo

IMG_0289.JPG

Silverstone are selling beetles now ?? Confused....

• Haha 1

Only here once

The red one is Tom's new car. The day he picked it up he was at Bell & Colvill straight after collection. The day after he went to Hethel and the day after that Lotus Silverstone. I'm thinking he's in Hornsey today. :lol:

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I was actaully at Silverstone testing the Radical range and called in to say sorry. Although not sure I want to mention that I was driving another brand watching what's going on on the other thread ;)

Suffice to say first time driving the SR1 and it trounced every GT4, GT3, Evora, Elise and Exige on track with a list price of an Elise... also had some fun with @Tim Raven but he probably has no idea it was me! Shame about the fact the Radical needs an engine rebuild pretty much every time you take it near a track (40 - 60 hours in truth).

32 minutes ago, Aimee Lotus Silverstone said:

My thoughts exactly.... 

Lost for words.

Look on the bright side. You have a red skip for all that rubbish in your office!   :sofa::getmecoat:

• Haha 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

4 hours ago, Bibs said:

The red one is Tom's new car. The day he picked it up he was at Bell & Colvill straight after collection. The day after he went to Hethel and the day after that Lotus Silverstone. I'm thinking he's in Hornsey today. :lol:

I'd have thought it would have Stuttgart on the sat nav - or is that an extra

Only here once

It may have come across more cynically where I said it before, but I have to say they do look much nicer in that red than the grey tones people often buy them in. Much more fun.

I hope you really enjoy it. It'll be interesting to see if you echo David's feelings about understeer and the stock suspension.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LF1 said:

This is the only time I'm acknowledging this bullying. Shame on you all.

I will be professional and keep this thread to my genuine observations of the car *once* I've had opportunity to formulate them. 

For now all I can say is the $*&^*** parking brake is doing my nut far more than the dodgy seat rails ever did on the V6. 

never touch the parking brake button, that seems to work for me.

@MartynB I can confirm it does... felt it the first roundabout I hit on the test drive. However I was hoping that was an indication that I could easily get a bit of oversteer with a little lift... funny now we own it I am less inclined to test that theory.

I will say that although I've not driven it much the handling similarites with the stock V6 is uncanny. Certainly on a spirited road drive. 

I need to find out if the final bit of travel when releasing the clutch that catapults your foot skywards is by design though?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, LF1 said:

This is the only time I'm acknowledging this bullying. 

What bullying? Lot's of piss taking maybe but that is just to get you used to peoples reactions. ;)

See. We're actually doing you a favour!

On the parking brake. All the electronic ones are normally crap. Wait till you park in front of a wall. Slightly downhill. As soon as you touch the accelerator or clutch most of them free the brake. At this point you realise you actually need three legs and feet.

A useless development on any carr in my very humble opinion.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I know. We had one on the last Porsche (yes we've had before) and our last 4 cars and I don't dislike them that much.

However on the Porsche the stupid thing is the wrong way round, push to engage, pull to disengage. And it's a stupid place under the dash.

What I don't understand is sometimes it disengages on its own, others it insists on you being on the foot brake. I suspect it works better with an auto where you don't really notice (or in my case bother with them). 

I thought the PB was dire, but just never touch it,  if you do,  you get  that 4 times circle of pressing it 4 times till it comes off, the wrong way, then the right way, then the wrong way with brake pedal, then the 4th time the right way with brake pedal lol

every time it takes me 4 goes,  BUT if you never press it,  it seems to do every thing on it's own very well, I always leave my cars in gear so never touch the dredded button.

just got a Golf Clubsport and that also now has electric Hand brake FFS.

the car does respond well to lift off and it tucks in nice,  but we own midengine cars not 911's so you will need toe links and a proper geo once you start to drive over 80% and then you can play to the mid engine layout better.

A road fix and this worked for me from 80% to 90% driving  road only was rear ARB full stiff,  that was quite nice on the road, but again above 90%  it's too stiff and not stable under hard brakes.

I find most people add too much rear neg camber,  don't imo, it's a mistake, as I said I run about -2.3 ish front and only -1.8 rear with middle , middle on the ARB,  it's a nice drive at that and ok on track.

I can pull 1.5g on the road with this set up on cup 2's  and still have corner grip available,  (I hope you have cups, dunlops are rank , I binned a new set)

I hate understeer esp in mid engine cars on turn in, 911's are a bugger for it and most people who have 911's try and drive the GT4 like a 911's again that will work trail braking every where lol  but if one sets the car up there is really no need to trail quite as much every where. 911 drivers  are slow in GT4's  and say it's to easy to drive lol I find they are just not going fast enough yet :-)  one has to drive it like a mid engine car not a 911. looking forward to your views on the GT4 as I am itching to buy something else for a laugh.  atm been loving the Golf CS it's a hoot.

do the rear toe links before the car pisses you off though, I am shocked 95% GT4 are stock and every one loves the car out the box !!!  people just drive too slow to notice imo. esp Porsche owners.

On 8/9/2017 at 00:06, LF1 said:

This is the only time I'm acknowledging this bullying. Shame on you all.

I will be professional and keep this thread to my genuine observations of the car *once* I've had opportunity to formulate them. 

For now all I can say is the $*&^*** parking brake is doing my nut far more than the dodgy seat rails ever did on the V6. 

Hated the damn things on most of the Holdens that I drove at the dealership I worked at for a time.

Absolutely a disaster on a manual car that is pointing uphill with a brick wall behind it. :shock: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

how come, I now own 2 manual cars with electric parking brakes which I hate BTW,  but there is never a issue on a hill,  if anything you never roll so it's easier