free hit
counters
Esprit S1 project - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Esprit S1 project

I just picked up this Esprit S1 project and I am new to the Forum, At this point  I am just cleaning and evaluating the project to see what parts i will need, The vehicle is complete but has been outside for many years and is very rough. Engine seems to be OK but I have not attempted to run it yet. It will need a lot of work,  Any info on a source for parts like, bumpers, interior parts, brakes, windshield and door window seals.  ect. would be appreciated,  

IMG_0015.JPG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi welcome to the forum. You should head over to the introduction section and say hi..

Thats a very nice car. Will make a very good project. 

There will be plenty of people to advise you on where to source part in the US.I think JAE seem to be used quite a bit for parts but for bumbers you make have to ship from UK. Lotusparts or SJ Sports cars are worth contacting.

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Welcome to the Forums Tim, 

Looks like a really nice project,  One thing,  do not start the engine until the cambelt has been replaced,  turn it over by hand yes,  but do not start until belts have been done !

Plenty of folks on here on both sides of the pond have restored S1 cars to show quality,  so you will have a wealth of information avalible from other members regarding restoration and parts sourcing.  

Look forward to your project thread !  

And a fantastic car to own and very rare also these days  Enjoy, :)

A

Congrats Tim!

A second on replacing the timing belt before trying to start the engine. I found issues that needed addressing just while changing the timing belt (i.e. - a broken tensioner). I also learned a lot!

I have bought parts from JAE in California, RD Enterprises in Pennsylvania, and SJ Sportscars in the U.K.  Oh - I got an alternator at Carquest!

As Buddsy said, for some parts you may need to use the English suppliers. I don't know how difficult it will be to find the windshield. 

There is a lot of info on the forum. And the search function is helpful. 

I'm in Virginia. Reach out if I can help. 

Jim

Jim McLeskey Richmond, VA USA

• 5 months later...
On 8/10/2017 at 09:14, Lotusfab said:

Have a look on my S1 blog, I wrote it to help people like yourself as the workshop manual is very limited.

Do you have a link to your blog? I just purchased a S1 project in Texas myself.

Aaron