free hit
counters
Esprit S3 Project - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Awesome news Darren,  The car has come on a long way from when it was on ebay with the s4 sills and turbo spolier etc.  Well done, this should end up as a really nice car, just a matter of finding the last little few bits.  Had a look on the sj site and they do not do the front valance like i thought, they only do the rear one for some strange reason.   

look forward to updates.   

I feel I should ask for the (horrid) brass plate that was the dash, just to feel that I could personally destroy at least part of the oddities. 

I only ended up with that car due to a lack of self control: I was refitting roof lining to an Excel (now known as Lola), perhaps a little intoxicated due to the fumes. I laced a bid that I thought would never win the auction, and you can guess the rest. All I can say is "I didn't perform any of the modifications" but nor did I undo any of them.

12 hours ago, andydclements said:

I feel I should ask for the (horrid) brass plate that was the dash, just to feel that I could personally destroy at least part of the oddities. 

I only ended up with that car due to a lack of self control: I was refitting roof lining to an Excel (now known as Lola), perhaps a little intoxicated due to the fumes. I laced a bid that I thought would never win the auction, and you can guess the rest. All I can say is "I didn't perform any of the modifications" but nor did I undo any of them.

Hi Andy,

Things have moved on quite a lot now, I've started a new thread:

At least you played a part in saving this one!

Thanks

Darren

Back to red? Looks stunning in white but originality......But I'm guessing thats just an undercoat?

My S3 is only 2 years younger but a very different looking car - Ears different. Rear hatch has finger pulls (I like yours better). Does yours have the old or newer dash air vents?  - think the old ones had the vents in the binnacle.

Did Mike at Lotusbits not have the parts you are after?

I'll dig around to see where I sourced my front valance - it was a new repro and very good.

Think of memeory it was sprayed Yellow Simon, and looked very nice,  just needs the Lotusbits hub mods and some S2 wheels to finish the job  :thumbup: