free hit
counters
Squeaky hardtop - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Any pointers to stop almost constant creaks and squeaks. Mainly from corner behind drivers head and rear centre. Can't tighten anymore but if you press down from the outside there is movement creating the noise.

I took off and cleaned all seals and wiped with silicone spray. Made no difference.

Can I pack it out between the brackets and roof, or are those black mounting brackets adjustable?

Edited by Leggy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Make sure it's not also coming from panel behind the seats. On my V6S I had  to remove mine and put  some strips of foam in place to stop the creaking. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

4 minutes ago, TonyKL said:

On my S2 I found that if I overtightened the roof it would squeak so I never did it 100%.  There was also the hoop side of the velcro stuck to all fixings too.

Yes I've tried not over tightening and thought I'd cracked it tonight. Took it for a spin and was marginally better.

Not sure I follow what you mean about the Velcro.

17 hours ago, Leggythesilverfox said:

Yes I've tried not over tightening and thought I'd cracked it tonight. Took it for a spin and was marginally better.

Not sure I follow what you mean about the Velcro.

Velcro comes in two parts, one half is the hooks (hard plastic feel) and the other side is the hoops/loops (softer fabric feel)

My rear fastening had this softer side stuck over the metal hooks on the hardtop which fit inside the brackets on the car.  Guess this is just to make it fit more snuggly I guess?

Edited by TonyKL

I see now. There is velcro on the outside of the hook, none on the inside which has more contact.

When it stops raining I'll take it off and start again! So next June then.....

• 1 month later...