free hit
counters
At's rainin Hint it! - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

At's rainin Hint it!

Kimbers

As we say in Norfolk.

August and 16 degrees. Not that I expected a summer but a week in June is better than nothing I suppose!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My house is the lowest point in the village and all roads drain into the storm drain in my drive. Last year when there was too much rain I had to sandbag the front door otherwise the house would have flooded. Yesterday it was very, very close and I had the sandbags out ready but gladly didn't need them... 

20170809_180139.jpg

20170809_174711.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Get that storm drain cleared back and might be in your interest to get it hoovered to remove silt and crap.

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

The Highways Dept did come and do that a few months back but the problem is, the pipe exiting it is 3/4 of the way up it, so emptying it just increases the size of the sump. They may as well fill it in up to the pipe level then I'd not permanently have it 3/4 full of water all year round! 

The trouble is that it drains into a small brook about 200 yards away and there's hardly any drop in the pipe so it doesn't flow very well. I did find out that the farmer put stakes by the exit last year and I asked him to remove them, which he has now done. Why he put them there he didn't explain. 

20170622_111128.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

How clear is that drain pipe?
Could you run a supplementary pump to force the water down the gradient rather than simply relying on gravity?

I know you shouldn't have to, but in interests of your own cars/house, might be worth looking at?

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Hadn't considered that but a good idea, ta. The pipe is probably 2 feet wide so I'd imagine I'd need to add the pump and seal around it on the entrance pipe to stop backflow. 

Evora NA

Wouldn't do that at Griffon Forest, on the weekend of 8th to 11th for someones birthday....!!

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

It probably would if it rained hard enough.

This is what happened last year...

Evora NA

Currently working in Brisvegas, Australia.  Middle of Winter here.   Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.      29 Deg C.  Not complaining.

Added nice photo from the walk last night for your viewing pleasure.    Balmy :-)

Story_Bridge_Brisbane.JPG.46460955c6b3d7f45b9e6e2b4da01638.JPG

Edited by s4simon
  • Haha 2

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Go............away.............

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Hadn't considered that but a good idea, ta. The pipe is probably 2 feet wide so I'd imagine I'd need to add the pump and seal around it on the entrance pipe to stop backflow. 

Rather than pressurise the whole pipe you could add a smaller bore pipe within the existing, and merely pump to that. As long as the water is a lower level at the output than the input, it will not start flowing backwards in the 2foot pipe. When/ if it does get to the point of destination and start are t the same height, then you give up hope and accept there's no way  to get rid of the water.

I used to get c 9" of water on my driveway, but have solved it by digging a small soak-away in the drive, may not work for you as I'm lucky that as soon as I was down 3' I was in a layer of sand and stone and have a gravel driveway, so water just wicks away quickly. My neighbours struggle, as they still get 6" of water over the surface of their stone driveways.

At's gunna rain all next weak hint it!!!

oi init bruvv, got, we goin to blow this place out wicked blud. ahhh mate thats well dog has it bluddd oi lets sketchit yo ay and hit the legs this is well waffle.

Thats Chav speak.

Oi lurve my bred an butuh, Better be goin do oil be late.

That's norfolk, innit bruv, brap brap.

• Haha 1