free hit
counters
410 Geometry on S1 with 19/20" wheels+ Cup 2s - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

410 Geometry on S1 with 19/20" wheels+ Cup 2s

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Should be fine (famous last words). dont see why it wouldn't work.

What are you hoping to change about the S1's handling? Have you driven a 410 yet? Might be easier to identify what you like about it and aim to achieve that. 

Should be fine (famous last words).

dont see why it wouldn't work.

• Like 1

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

What are you hoping to change about the S1's handling?

Have you driven a 410 yet? Might be easier to identify what you like about it and aim to achieve that. 

• Like 1

Saj has been running Cup2's on his Sports Racer for some time and got some more camber dialled in a while back to get the most from them - front should be fine and you should just have enough adjustment to reach that aim point on the rear.

Edited by mik

You need to take into consideration that your spring and damper assembly differs to the 410 and also the castor on the wishbones of your Launch Edition differ to later S1's let alone the 400/410. If you're looking at getting a set up similar to the 410 I think you'd end up with your own bespoke one. As Jonny has essentially asked, what are you unhappy/happy with the set up you have?

The reason for doing this is to help the Cup 2 tyres work properly. I don't have any particular handling problems - as we all know, the Evora fantastic, whichever variant! I'm concerned that if I increase the rear camber without changing the front it will cause an imbalance. I'm equally concerned that if I change the setting too much I'll ruin the excellent handling and possibly kill the tyres on the road. My thoughts were that the 410 settings will be more track biased without being too extreme.

@rallyesaxNo idea how to actually do it. My local tyre place have a Hunter 4-wheel alignment machine - I just tell them what settings I want and they get on with it. 

Current camber is only ~-1.4 so not enough anyway. MY09 should be ~-1.55. S and 400 should be ~-1.8, and 410 is ~-2.1.

@The Pits @mik @JAWS Thanks for your comments. No, I haven't driven a 410 - would love to. I agree a bespoke set-up would be best but I don't know how to get to that point - hopefully someone has been there before me!

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2017 at 11:20, Foxy said:

The reason for doing this is to help the Cup 2 tyres work properly. I don't have any particular handling problems - as we all know, the Evora fantastic, whichever variant! I'm concerned that if I increase the rear camber without changing the front it will cause an imbalance. I'm equally concerned that if I change the setting too much I'll ruin the excellent handling and possibly kill the tyres on the road. My thoughts were that the 410 settings will be more track biased without being too extreme.

@rallyesaxNo idea how to actually do it. My local tyre place have a Hunter 4-wheel alignment machine - I just tell them what settings I want and they get on with it. 

Current camber is only ~-1.4 so not enough anyway. MY09 should be ~-1.55. S and 400 should be ~-1.8, and 410 is ~-2.1.

@The Pits @mik @JAWS Thanks for your comments. No, I haven't driven a 410 - would love to. I agree a bespoke set-up would be best but I don't know how to get to that point - hopefully someone has been there before me!

In the US we seem to try to increase camber on our cars, was nothing adverse on my S1S, and I guess the my 410 has more.  Not been on machine yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I have done the 410 geo with an 400 with Cup2s

actually i find the setting to be understeering 

more so than my old Evora NA with AD08R 

it might be the track that I went but not sure why the 410 geo isn't working for me

tire pressure was checked after a couple f laps never exceeding 35psi with majority of the time being around 30 front 33 rear 

not saying it wasn't good the 400 is fantastic but it understeers a bit too much 

anyone else have experience with this