free hit
counters
Evora 400 - demonstrating it is the perfect family car to my wife - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 - demonstrating it is the perfect family car to my wife

PAR

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes! i use it occasionally for the school run, my daughter loves it! My wife drives it too. Other parents were surprised at first to see my wife and I, plus our daughter to hop out.  And you can get half a weeks shopping in the boot.

It's the ideal family car!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomE said:

I've travelled with MrsE in the front and our two kids in the back, although the older one at a tall 16 years old is now starting to grumble about headroom.  I've had suitcases in the back for trips to the Isle of Man.  Plus a supermarket shop, timber from the DIY store, a TV, cases of wine etc.

But my party piece is transporting my road bike to events across the back seats, or my time trial bike mounted on the roof.

IMG_7088.thumb.JPG.21c656e09aacbb5b66ba807e215d442b.JPG

IMG_5850.thumb.JPG.bd34b989147b3e1d066fae4901c4b080.JPG

Love the bike. 

• Like 2

This thread highlights a personal nit.  You hear about super cars or sports cars that are good daily drivers.  But part of being a daily driver that almost every auto journalist overlooks is the ability to carry all the stuff you use every day.  Take the NSX or R8, both of which are often touted as daily drivers.  They aren't because both lack enough storage space for the uses most people would need for daily use.  Sure they may not be high strung and are easy to drive, but that alone does not make them daily drivers IMHO.  You also have to have adequate storage space.  Otherwise, they are really toys.

Looks great with the bike on the roof B-) but is the roof panel really strong enough? Light bike of course, but I set the alarm off on my car if I wash it locked - due to slight flexing of th,e roof..... <_<

• Gold FFM
On 11/08/2017 at 15:02, mik said:

Looks great with the bike on the roof B-) but is the roof panel really strong enough? Light bike of course, but I set the alarm off on my car if I wash it locked - due to slight flexing of th,e roof..... <_<

It's a good point and the roof does flex.  I now stick the front bike mount so two of the three suckers are on the windscreen and the third on the front six inches of the roof.  It's very solid there and the rear mount is mainly to stop the back wheel moving sideways.  I'll admit I still rig my GoPro on the front of the bonnet facing rearwards and have the live feed on my phone on the dash mount so I can keep an eye on it! 

On 11/08/2017 at 15:06, Neal H said:

Is the bike worth more than the car?

Shame on me, Rule #25 fail!  If Evora depreciation wasn't so glacial I'd be getting closer :)

The bike is ex Team GAN but because none of them have serial numbers it's impossible to tell which team member rode it.  It's possible on some bikes to work it out from the length of the seat post - they're an integral part of the frame and had to be cut to length to suit each rider, so each bike effectively became personalised to them.  But mine had the seat post modified after the team donated it to one of their mechanics.  So it may have race provenance but it can't be proven so doesn't affect the value. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/08/2017 at 21:35, PAR said:

How many of you  have explained to your partner that the Evora was a rationale purchase? I have an ongoing joke with my wife that we needed a family car to go with the Elise.

Today I managed to prove it to my wife. I demonstrated it was a perfect family car for her family by putting her mother in the passenger seat. her dad and her sister in the back seats and go for a drive!

Everyone was satisfied by the comfort level.

Only drawback, the extra 350 pounds of passenger have a notable impact of performance ! My mother in law still held tightly the door to make sure it didn't open...

Who else has used the Evora as a people carrier?

Here's some ammo :) 

IMG_7048.JPG

Try doing that in a 911!

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 14:02, mik said:

............ if I wash it locked............

What? You mean you don't have the doors and other access panels open to wash inside the shut-lines every time? Shame on you! :rolleyes: :P