free hit
counters
USA vs NK - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

USA vs NK

ramjet

Ok. I'll ask the question.

Are there enough checks and balances in place to stop these two doing anything stupid?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The twitter Terms of Service?! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

:hrhr:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Used to be parents could point to the President as a role model for their misbehaving kid to aspire to.

So much for that

Donald%20Trump-Man-Baby%20v07.jpg

Kim_Jong_Un_Monty_Python.jpg

Edited by comem47

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, ramjet said:

Ok. I'll ask the question.

Are there enough checks and balances in place to stop these two doing anything stupid?

I don't know if you've been keeping up with current events but they started a while ago.

Margate Exotics.

Yes I know, but maybe it is all just media beat up now? It was just a question to ask if there is enough to keep these guys in check. At this point, it is just two guys seeing who can pee the highest.

I must admit to not knowing what Kim Jong-un's beef is with the US?

If you're going to impress your people, pick on the country known to pee the highest (besides the US support for SK)

Edited by comem47

The trouble is that NK is just crazy enough to think they can do it. Not that the general populace know what is going on!

Trump won't press the button. Imagine wwhat would happen to the share prices on his companies!

What worries me is that he has brought himself down to NK level. Sort of like a Police Officer on Public order on a Saturday night blowing raspberries at people shouting abuse at them....or replying "Your momma".

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Back when India and Pakistan (both in the nuclear club) were kicking up a right old fuss, I had the Indian Defence Attaché come to my desk at Terminal 4. I said "I trust you guys aren't going to do anything stupid, now, are you?" and he replied " Oh no...this is just normal sabre rattling!!" which reassured me a bit.

With the USA and NK, I'm not that sanguine.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/north-korea-missile-launch-ballistic-intercontinental-icbm-nuclear-media-south-kim-jong-un-trump-a7927936.html

Why don't they just shot down the missiles they keep launching? That might show them the pointlessness of their actions. 

• Like 1

Evora NA

I think the US are actually scared of missing.  Then Trump would be the laughing stock of the world....  Oh wait, hang on a minute.... 

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

I would be very worried regarding North Korea,   You are talking about a fellow who rules with a iron fist, does as he likes and acts as if he is some sort of god,  and sadly as his fellow country men all think he is the next best thing to sliced bread due to the fact that he blocks the residents of North Korea actually seeing what the rest of the world think of this muppet.  Given the chance this is the sort of self obsessed little bastxxd that i believe would without a second thought would drop the H bomb if he manages to build one,  he will cut off his nose to spite his face, he is that sort of leader.

He is a megalow maniac that knows what the western world thinks of him,  If his people ever found out he would only press the button quicker. 

I had to eat my words and felt really bad when the muppet fired the 2 rockets over Japan as i told my partner anything this idiot builds will drop into the sea not long after take off,  And low and behold they made it to the other side of Japan. 

Arguments can be made, to say well the USA, UK etc test rockets, so why not North Korea,  Which i can understand the strain of thought, but anything regarding this crazy little man is pretty much always off to a bad start and he does it just to provoke other nations.  Japan more so due to the regulations imposed after ww2 regarding force, the same as Germany.  i.e they cant fight outside their own country. 

China has the brunt of this to deal with and i feel pretty sorry for them,  they have come a long way in recent years with regards blending in with the West and have had a massive change in the structure of politics,  but China has to worry about stability,  The crazy little man on their doorstep at the moment looks better than what could happen if this little bugger is taken out of power and the country turns into turmoil,  again a worrying time for China,  you only have to look at the effects of the middle east to give an idea of the knock on effect of countries falling an what dramas it causes for boardering nations sadly. 

Edited by silverfrost
  • Like 1

A

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/north-korea-missile-launch-ballistic-intercontinental-icbm-nuclear-media-south-kim-jong-un-trump-a7927936.html

Why don't they just shot down the missiles they keep launching? That might show them the pointlessness of their actions. 

Anti-missile missiles work better in theory than practise.  As Simon says, failure to intercept and destroy one of NKs efforts would be disasterous.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Since nobody within N. Korea has been able to assassinate Fat Boy, Maybe we should implant a bomb in Dennis Rodman for his next visit   ;)

Image result for dennis rodman in dress  

fb.jpg

Edited by comem47
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, molemot said:

Anti-missile missiles work better in theory than practise.  As Simon says, failure to intercept and destroy one of NKs efforts would be disasterous.

They used a Patriot to shoot down a drone not so long ago. Surely they've enough to lob off a few to make sure they work?

Evora NA

Shot gun method is the only approach, but how good are they against ICBMs.  I don't know.

Plus I don't know rocket flight times between NK and SK, maybe 5-8  minutes. NK and japan 10-15 minutes.   Either way, not much thinking time, or waiting to see if it flies over...

• Sad 1

I heard that the anti-missile system only has about a 40% chance of hitting the target - as above the shot gun approach may limit the chance of failure. The other problem I would guess is that once it leave NK air space it is out of range of the anti-missile systems.

• Sad 1

It would be a lot simpler if the US just sent in an 'Asset' and caused a nuclear detonation within NK. Then they could just blame it on a premature nuke missile failure. Win/win for all concerned...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Evora NA

as we saw attempts to assasin hitler during ww2, it is a fair question to ask if there are noone in nk who wish to assasin their sick leader?

For example, if china and russia want to have nk as a safety barrier towards the West, why don't they think in these lines? Or maybe they do?

It certainly would be worth thinking about.

Oh wait, I forgot that the russian dictator is famous for having recently said that he wants to be the new tsar over russia and all of it's former illegally occupied countries and then some, thereby also including for example Denmark and Finland...

Oh wait, there seems to be a similar situation going on with the dictatorship in china...

that's a lot of firepower to react against...

Hmm...  I Wonder if there are some other methods?

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Unfortunately this isn't a Hollywood movie and there's slim to no chance of any foreign power being able to insert a squad of hitmen into North Korea to assassinate Fatty. The logistics are impossible  and can you imagine what any captured soldiers would go through in front of North Korea's television cameras?