free hit
counters
Caterham Roadsport Racing - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LF1

Caterham Roadsport Racing

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Congratulations and answers my question from earlier. Hope you manage to have a good celebration.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Congrats Tom a great day you'll never forget. Winning in identical cars is no mean feat, Oulton is a serious track too. Huge achievement.

:clap:

• Thanks 1

Thanks Jonny. Apparently I have the most podiums in the championship yet never won a race!

It was a cracking battle. Something a bit different next weekend 750 Club Enduro at Silverstone if you fancy?

Good luck at Combe - How about an 81 double?

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

:thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Yup. And here's the big downer... because I was witness to some nightmare incidents in the first race and being called to the stewards with video footage I forgot to replace the memory card in the VBox. That means my first ever race win is also the first ever race I did not have he camera rolling!

However the race will be on Channel 4 and Motors TV in the next week or so... hopefully with me balling my eyes out cut from the broadcast!

• Like 1

:thumbsup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Great footage, how many times have you watched it now! ;)

• Haha 1

That was a good race, even up to the very last corner! Well done mate, nice to see all the love at the end too :D 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Yea, I tightned up on the last lap, thought I had plenty of space to take it easy and not make any mistakes. I actually think you are better off staying on it and in the flow.

Really, really enjoyed watching that Tom.  Massive congratulations.  You should be massively proud of the respect and pleasure people took from your win :)

• Thanks 1

This is one of the things you really don't believe when you sign up for the Caterham Academy - just how good the friends you make are. It's more than just the racing - I did not know any of those guys before we all signed up for this! Sure there is fierce competition and we all want to win, but there really is an amazing spirit of camaraderie.

• Like 1

Wow! Impressive racing!!! Great footage btw ... love the 360 camera ... what camera is that?!?!?

It's the Garmin VRIB 360. It has GPS so will also do lots of overlays including lap times, speed, etc. It also connects to sensors ANT/BT so you can include ODB2 data. We can't have any data sensors plugged into the car under the regs so I've not used it. I had brought it along to Spa and was going to test it out there, but got distracted by actually driving :)

Superb. B-)

Do you have a version of the vid with sound? Even if it is 90% wind noise? It use bit eerie watching a silent motor race. :ermm:

Have you considered an external mic on a wire? They're not pricey or heavy and can be stashed somewhere to get decent sound without so much wind noise. I have one for my GoPro but tbf, it's only a basic thing compared to yours ?

Congrats on the win ?

This is my signature. Move along now. Nothing to see.

Yep. New camera, changed it to be rear only rather than spacial (4 mics for surround) and managed to do the opposite. If you see my other videos I nail the sound. 

The VIRB seems to suffer from wind noise and there's no option for a wired mic and I've yet to find a BT one that will work with it like I have for the GOPRO. 

Normally I have the commentary overlay but there was none broadcast for Oulton Park.

I also take the sound off the VBox but I'd not replaced the memory card following a trip to the stewards after race one. 

Next time...

So when are you going to need one of us mods to change the title of this topic to:

Second Race Victory ??

Huh? Huh? :D 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.