free hit
counters
Engine Progress - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cbclotus

Engine Progress

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks Dave.Its been a while .Hope you are well...Thanks for the encouragment......Mike

Love it Mike. Please try and source a set of BBS alloys or Compomotives for it though......will make all the difference B-)

Hi Stephen ...The car has as far as I know been updated to later running gear chassis etc .Hence why it's on s4 Oz wheels .which I  like .When the car comes out of my garage I will post up some pictures ...I just want to add some silver lines .Pinstripes .to look like the later hc cars.Cant really put esprit turbo badges .With the v8 engine .i Thanks for your interest.Love your turbo ....Mike

It's your car Mike - you go with what works for you! I'm sure it will be stunning whatever way!B-)

Will do  Barry .I think the engine and box will be in ..Then exhaust manifolds exhaust system ...Maybe the following Sunday ..gear linkages etc ...It all seems a lot of work to me ....But looking forewZrd to hopefully moving out of the garage on its own steam ....Thanks Barry ....Now go and finish that great red S3 na ......Mike

• Like 1

Great work on this Mike,   regarding the wheels,  I see you have plenty of pics of the garage wall,   Your wheel offset will obviously be a lot less than the old s3 set up given the car now uses the later rear hubs.   However if you look at RS wheels which are one piece bbs reps,  they offer your pcd which 5 x 108mm and offsets that would suit your car,   :)  

A

I saw this topic and was going to exert my mods powers, but I could only think of calling the thread

B.

• Haha 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

So I got a PM from Mike and I have exerted, but not greatly.

Thread topic changed. :) 

• Haha 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

He should not have enough time to be sending PMs to you Michael,    Mike needs to get back to that garage and get that engine back in and running pronto  lol.

A

Hi Dan .You are right .Only problem being I am useless with spanners lol.I have been at the mercy of a friend who helps as and when he has the time .Asked a few garages local to me but they were all busy .But hey I have waited this long .But it's been frustrating ........If all goes well I will post some pictures laters ......Thanks for all your support .I need it .i admire any one that can do this type of work themselves.But from an outsider it's all very tired e consuming........Mike

• Like 2

Hi Barry .Just finishing a big breakfast lol .Waiting for my mate ...E T A.....Mid day ........One small step for mankind ....Oh all right me .......Be nice to see it out side of its garage .....Watch this space in a few weeks .....Be good Barry .still think you have great car na s3 ......Mike

• Like 1

I much prefer running cars mike ?

Once ive finished the current chicken shed I'm having some time off and sorting that S3

cant wait to see a pic of yours outside that garage running

• Like 1

Only here once

May take longer spannering with a mate rather than getting a garage to do it,  But you will suprised how much you will pick up Mike, also think of the money you will have saved,  but most of all will be the satisfaction you will feel when you hear the rumble from the V8 !  Knowing that you have done it yourself,  that itself is priceless imo :)

Also there are some fantastic workshops out there but for the many good ones there are sadly also many bad ones especially when it comes to conversions , who will not put as much love and effort in as you would do etc.  :)

• Like 2

A

Just read my thread about my amazing experience with my V8 whilst it was in a garage........

Only here once

Hey Barry the way it's going ...You might still beat me .May the best man ....Win ....Stay tuned.Have a good day Barrie ....Mike

Hi Dan ....I agree with you .Not sure if Mrs B ....does lol..As she says to me I talk a good job fef cars .But you can't do it ...she's right ......Laters all ....Mike

• Like 1

Come on, we need updates showing the lump in place!!!  

Jon - 1984 Esprit Turbo

Did they use the original gearbox mounts ??

is there any movement at all in that driveshaft ??

Only here once

Barry ..As you know I am use less with spanners .....Everthing is put back as it was .it might of been like it before .Gear box is a late v8 box  as far as I am aware .Any thoughts .....Mike

Good effort Mike, I would remove the drive shafts again and take some measurements as looks odd.

Engine looks great in place though and a real milestone for your build. ???

Dave :-) 

Do or do not, there is no try!