free hit
counters
Esprit S3 for sale for restoration UK - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Esprit S3 for sale for restoration UK

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BVF 271Y SCC085912CHD11333 is the car that was up for £20k and is owned by someone on here. I think it was this car that had a claimed mileage of c.85,000 OAB 501Y SCC085912CHD11328 is the car th

On a car which is in this state 22k on the clock is irrelevant. I think Esprit's with a high millage is a good thing. I mean mostly they come up for sale with under 40k on the clock. A high milla

It's all very well sellers asking high prices for projects cars and those with them talking prices up but the reality is they're not selling. This forum is a hub for Esprit and the most enthusiastic f

Posted Images

Discussed previously. It was the subject of a "What do you think my car's worth?" thread.

I remember suggesting about £6k just before it was put up for sale at a staggering £20k.

Shame about the after market sun roof. 

Certainly worth a lot more than 6k with basket case turbos fetching 13>14K  

Paul Matty has just offered a chap £25k for his Black S3 N/A HC with 42k on the clock.

Sunroof is a shame. Colour is not my cup of tea either but that's just my personal choice will make a nice car.

It emerged a couple of years ago from a barn and was for sale in the same condition it is now for only £3500 an amazing bargain that was snapped up in hours.

I thought it looked familiar but times change and in 2017 this is worth a lot more than 3 or 6k. I'm not viewing the car so won't speculate if 20k is fair either.  The colour isn't for me but i recognise it is very of it's time, and that is worth saving.

Way over priced as is evident from the length of marketing. I was about to start a prices falling thread actually as there are a few cars out there at more realistic figures. Not Esprits so much as Lotus and classics in general. Looking at the recent unsold lots at the Silverstone Classic is a case in point.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Altair Green isn't it? 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

7 hours ago, G_Reaper said:

Certainly worth a lot more than 6k with basket case turbos fetching 13>14K  

Paul Matty has just offered a chap £25k for his Black S3 N/A HC with 42k on the clock.

Sunroof is a shame. Colour is not my cup of tea either but that's just my personal choice will make a nice car.

It emerged a couple of years ago from a barn and was for sale in the same condition it is now for only £3500 an amazing bargain that was snapped up in hours.

Not sure about the basket case turbos going for 13 to 14 k,   The white one on ebay is a joke,  No way it will sell for that kind of kind,  you can list cars for as much as you want,  it does not mean folks will purchase them.   The green car has been advertised for years now and has not sold as 20k for the work involvded is deemed way to much,  not knocking it, its a lovely car and i actually like the colour and the interior.  but it needs a lot of money spending on it. 

The only other project turbo out there at the moment other than the white basket case is the red turbo for just shy of 14k,  Which is stocks one,  however depending on how good the paint is i would not consider this one a basket case and remember he is a dealer so will always have to mark thing up.  It looks like it will make a good project for someone and with a little hard work and some investment could still offer a good return if you are that way inclined. 

Regarding the Matty car,   was that not px and not out right cash sale ?

A

Agree with Trevor. I don't think basket case turbos are fetching anything like £13/£14k. Wishful thinking.

If they were then the barn find JPS Esprit at £16k would seem bargain of the century yet it is/was being sold by a somebody who has been selling lotus cars for years 

Kermit green Buddsy,  someone like me would pay more for that  colour  :)  Not to many folks taste though i might add.  The interior reminds me of my grandparents avacado bathroom suite they had fitted in the 70s :P

• Like 1

A

The offer Paul Matty made was NOT a trade in price it was a buy it for cash price. He told the owner he would be selling it for just over 30k watch Matty's adds for a beautiful Black S3 N/A HC

£6k is still a JOKE for an S3 with 22k miles on the clock. How often do cars come along with low mileage for restoration that adds to the value surely.

I don't care whether it is a trader or private seller,  restoration cases should cost the same,  frankly where is the added value in buying a resto project from a dealer??? Warranty ???:lol:

Trevor

Totally agree with your comments about Sizona's car - it's an excellent car for £25k. It should, in theory, put a ceiling on those asking 'silly' money for restoration projects that need body, interior or mechanical work or any combination of the three, but it probably won't.   

• Like 1

Looks like it sold so must have been reduced from £20k to clear, i am a fan of the colour just not the roof. I would put it at £8k max in that condition knowing the costs to put it right and taking a chance on the motor being okay with just a carb rebuild and good service along with clutch. ( No doubt seized)

I sold my S3 for £3500 in 2002 all running with MOT and good condition, how times have changed.

Still the S3 is a fantastic car to own and drive and do miss mine.

IMG_2700.JPG.b690d1a5818569dedaea923df558037d.JPG

Dave :) 

• Like 2

Do or do not, there is no try! 

I hope somebody snapped this Esprit up from the LEF.They only made three and they were used fot the CEO.s of the company I believe.

I wold have bought it but was too slow.

I had firm buyers for mine but why put the money in the bank and look for a classic car to invest it in so it can go up in value .

So I have decided to keep it ,I must have nuts !!

Body coming off this winter and a money no object full resto planned.

There you go then, that's the value of a restoration project, £6500. Sounds ok for a complete original car as a good base to work with.

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

Really pleased this car has gone for sensible money,  and hope the new owner is or does become a member on here,  would love to see a restoration blog on this car as i love the colour and as it went for sensible money the project budget is hopefully fairly healthy so it should get the love and attention this type of car deserves to bring it back to its former glory.  :)

A