free hit
counters
Merc SL - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Merc SL

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looking at low mileage 06 or 07 plate SL350's or SL500's as a temporary garage filler. Don't know owners unfortunately. I keep reading the build quality is not as the previous SL's.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

A 6 cylinder R129 is the one to get. Well built and still affordable but values are on the rise so how's the time to get one.

Like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-MERCEDES-BENZ-SL280-ONLY-58-000-MILES-FROM-NEW-/372015932275?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=U%2BXrAuWeHgVbqSay2okYV8E1JYw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

From what I read that was a very reliable variant. I do prefer the look of the newer cars but again I read about electronic roof issues and water pump issues are common place. It's looks ok but I my only worry is it's a bit bland and common. ?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201708128277099?onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&price-to=15000&postcode=tq123pg&sort=sponsored&model=SL CLASS&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1501&price-from=6000&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&page=15

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Values of the newer shape will still be falling whereas the R129s are on the rise, plus they're built much better than the later cars. If you buy a nice one it'll never be worth less...

There was an article in Modern Classics magazine last month on 129s, saying how the earlier 2 tone 6 cylinder cars is where the smart money is going at the moment.

That one in Yorkshire looks lovely. Great miles and everything done, even a new roof. If I had the garage space...

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Bloke a couple of doors down from me is on his second SL. Previous one had problems with the sat nav, cost him over a grand, even though the dealer never managed to fix it properly. He's had a lot of Mercs and says its luck of the draw, get a good one and all will be well. Get a Friday car, and be prepared for some serious outlay.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.