free hit
counters
seat refurb - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So got the car out for a bit of a polish and a couple of pics. Next stage is the boot then paint  

hello everyone. been a while, too much family shit to list. anyway. i finally started to refurb the seats in alcantara . I have been fortunate enough to be working at a place that supplies AML with th

after test fitting the headrests i then began stripping the passenger seat:- which is  a bit of  a bastard. same steps mark up the leather and layout and transfer the markings , then cut. on

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

When you recovered the headlining did you have to do any stitch work or was it one piece? Also have you redone the rear window surround? Mine is a grubby, saggy grey mess.... and still the best part of the interior.

Hello. Which part of the headlining do you mean. Sun visor housing or removable roof.

If you mean the rear window in the cabin then yes. This can be done with no sewing.

If you mean the rear window in the boot.

I'm doing that in the next week or two along with the rest of the boot 

It's Oogies turn to boogie

I want to do the roof lining including lift our panel and inside of rear window pref in light grey alcantara. The boot can wait a while but the headlining is very saggy and dirty.

Looking good Pete :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Rear panels and rear window surround off. 

Should have these ready for fitting next weekend

Quarter window pieces cut should have these done tomorrow.

Will be cutting the other pieces tomorrow 20171015_200145.thumb.jpg.d58d8eec1f8328c5df0829840a26644d.jpg

It's Oogies turn to boogie

13 hours ago, mr.oogieboogie said:

Rear window surround for the boot is done. Only another 4 pieces for the boot to trim then the bonnet floor to cover20171102_185957.thumb.jpg.d8e4ca7a8e90035b1a487e457e891425.jpg

Good luck with the rear window surround, Pete. The wife took nearly a day to get it lined up and fitted properly. Absolute bastard of a job, although I see yours is in two pieces, so you might be better off.

Oh yeah, you really need a 'Wayne's Ring' round your gearstick gaitor to set it all off nicely.

Margate Exotics.