free hit
counters
Air vents Elise and Exige - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Air vents Elise and Exige

Hi guys.

I'm planning to replace the stock air vents of my Exige (first photo) with the nicer ones from Lotus Europa/Evora, Tesla Roadster, Hennessy Venom and Alfa 146/156/166/4C. It's always the same Alfa air vent, just with a chrome surrounding (photo 2 and 4).

1. Is there any easy way to unlock and pull them out, hopefully without removing the whole dashboard ? It seems this are two parts. Maybe only remove the front part ?

2. Alternativ: Anyone knows a maker of self-adhesive covers (aluminum, chrome or carbon) for Elise or Exige ?

TIA

Peter

IMG_6823.JPG

IMG_6845.JPG

IMG_6847.JPG

IMG_6851.JPG

Edited by ArthouseCompany

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I can't help thinking that a slight brushed effect rather than the straight chrome would suit better. To that end, you could run a bit of steel wool or scotchbrite over the chrome coating. I had chrome rings on an MX-5 a while back and they kept glinting in the sun which got annoying. YMMV

• Like 1

No worries. If you follow my instructions you'll be able to convert  the chrome finish to a brushed one, with the lightest touch of abrasive. By the looks of the design, you'll have plenty of hidden area around the circumference to test out the brushing. Just try light passes, so as to not rub through the chrome layer and you'll be fine.

Remember brushed metal is just metal with scratches on. These chrome finishes are usually deposited metal, so will take a light mechanical surface finish just fine. Hey, it might even be a real metal ring. Hard to tell from the photos

Okay, I got the air vents today. They arn't but look nearly like new and fit perfectly. The chrom surrounding is a chromed plastic ring but harmonizes perfectly with my leather dashboard. I had some trouble to pull out the two middle air vents but they finally gave up.

I like the look. 

If you order used alfa air vents from eBay be carefully, there are many with scratches and peeled off chrome rings. 

IMG_6865.jpg

IMG_6864.jpg

IMG_6866.jpg

15 minutes ago, ArthouseCompany said:

Unfortunately this crappy forum only allows me to upload 0,05MB ! for pictures. Even URL upload doesnt work. So sorry no pictures. 

If you buy a 'Full Forum Membership' (FFM), you can upload lots more pictures at much larger sizes:

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/store/category/2-subscriptions/

(So, who's the 'crappy' one now?) ;)

59 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

If you buy a 'Full Forum Membership' (FFM), you can upload lots more pictures at much larger sizes:

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/store/category/2-subscriptions/

(So, who's the 'crappy' one now?) ;)

ahh, okay, sorry, already deleted this and did't know that and URL works now.

IMG_6867.jpg

Steve, those are Composite Worx seats (no longer in business AFAIK).

I had custom leather inserts made (Bugatti Veyron pattern) because the Alcantara bits that came with the seats turned brown within six months.

Hope this helps!