free hit
counters
I'm weak - yes - and I've been bad again... - Page 15 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I'm weak - yes - and I've been bad again...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lots of bits now have arrived - awaiting some stainless bolts. well pleased with the powder coating I picked up today - just sanded off the fins and feeling happy even the old manifold

Chargecooler not stripped enough apparently - and I don’t want it blast cleaned Not sure the missus shared my enthusiasm tonight

Van dropped off for service and a load of warranty work this morning. whipped back home - adjusted exhaust. Checked and double checked everything. connected battery, ignition on and off a fe

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, cbclotus said:

Hi Barry I wi px my monster car .not sure if you would take monthly payments .Sold the Jh.its going next weekend .Mike

I absolutely never ever want another project car. ?

• Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
On 06/01/2018 at 18:14, pete said:

thats the trouble with a newly commissioned esprit all the little things let you down, will probably happen everytime for the next few trips

This is exactly why I’ve been doing small local hops in the car. Today - I now have utter confidence in the car again - some decent shakedown miles and all is good ?

3 minutes ago, cbclotus said:

Quite Agree with you Barry .One is enough .Hence the Jh going .Waiting for my mate to have a go at the bleeding brakes.Oh well ..Mike

Just trying to get off my ass and go and have a look at bleeding a clutch

Only here once

Mike, I've found the perfect restoration project for you. Simple mechanics, manual brakes (no bleeding worries), and cheap as chips. Granted, it needs a few parts, but I reckon it's right up your street.

5dfbb0827a04.jpg

Margate Exotics.

Ian .just got in from from trying to sort brakes .if I am honest I will say I have owned a lot of Esprits from s1 to dry sump turbo .Never had that  many problems ....But it's my fault for buying a car unseen .where there were many problems not shown on its last mot sheet .where I was not told of engine problem with crank etc .But hey I know it's taken a long time to get to this stage .But steering rack needs sorting .now .i allready own a bike that the one shown ..As they say buyer beware ....So on wards and upwards .Mike.....if only I could record it people would pay big money to watch ....Cheers all Mike

2 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Mike, I've found the perfect restoration project for you. Simple mechanics, manual brakes (no bleeding worries), and cheap as chips. Granted, it needs a few parts, but I reckon it's right up your street.

5dfbb0827a04.jpg

Looks the same as loads at the local railway station

• Haha 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Now there’s always tape and tie wraps in the glove box of my car.....

Thankfully I ain’t a lorry driver or that could be misunderstood 

• Haha 1

Only here once

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

She’s on here as well. I’ll be really sad to part with her - I’m really in two minds about it - but the draw of a 2+2 evora is pretty strong.

Only here once

On 26/02/2018 at 03:52, johnpwalsh said:

Dan. You forgot the hammer, tie wraps and gaffa tape.

Don't forget plasters for the skinned knuckles.

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

So today was a trip to Duxford in the S4.

great drive there - used 3/4 of a tank filled up just outside the site. On the way back - I used 1/4 of a tank - much more sedate driving. Slightly stunned at the differences 😂

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Ive done it all. And I shall lash another coat on tomorrow. 

I was frankly stunned at how well it looks when it’s clean - this maybe a turning point 

• Like 1

Only here once

Just now, Barrykearley said:

Ive done it all. And I shall lash another coat on tomorrow. 

I was frankly stunned at how well it looks when it’s clean - this maybe a turning point 

Shan says don’t forget the interior, Steve V8 makes some really nice carpet sets.........

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

I’ll give that a hoover. My priorities are a little split presently.

Only here once

• Gold FFM
52 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Is that only bit you’ve done?

Just ran the dogs and locked up our hens -   It is shinier for sure C7E9152B-FC98-4496-A32D-46C13EC33BCC.thumb.jpeg.59890e73ad6827becf47220342cb5dc6.jpeg

Just need to add two nuts to the chargecooler tomorrow

• Like 2

Only here once