free hit
counters
I'm weak - yes - and I've been bad again... - Page 3 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I'm weak - yes - and I've been bad again...

• Gold FFM

Same here mate,  came in had a glass of wine on a Monday, close enough to the end of sober for October I thought gammon, egg and chips (always a treat) now having another glass of wine, so I feel your pain. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lots of bits now have arrived - awaiting some stainless bolts. well pleased with the powder coating I picked up today - just sanded off the fins and feeling happy even the old manifold

Chargecooler not stripped enough apparently - and I don’t want it blast cleaned Not sure the missus shared my enthusiasm tonight

Van dropped off for service and a load of warranty work this morning. whipped back home - adjusted exhaust. Checked and double checked everything. connected battery, ignition on and off a fe

Posted Images

It’s a rather lovely cider @Dan E you need to try it!

one Mitsubishi shogun gone to the breakers today due to chassis corrosion - picked up a little fiat 500 for the missus as a spare car. Mates just left and is desperate to see the new manifold when it comes ?. The wife is never to see this thread ?

704B419D-5F7B-41BB-8292-D94C71E8EC34.jpeg

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I never drink cider unless there is a small wooden hedgehog near it. Oh hold on 

Or a sex toy on charge, oh hold on again 

Last time I got that wild there was a Larma lurking but you couldn’t make that up 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I reckon with a stainless manifold it'll sound even better than @swindon_alan trusty v8.

Ha. Only possible if you put an axe through ALL of the cylinders while the lump is out Barry...

Fair play though, you put me to shame with your enthusiasm and gung-ho getting on with it

I still haven't fixed my clutch and now the MoT has run out. Piss...

57 minutes ago, Dan E said:

Or a sex toy on charge, oh hold on again

If that's a sex toy in your life Dan then the lady you love has a rectangular cavity. Ummm. What's her mobile number? I like a good Lego-ver...

• Haha 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

PS for Barry - on the same theme I note the household utensil in the background on the floor. That's kinda Bloodhound Gang - "Love the kind you clean up with a mop and bucket". Married life must be going well for you...

• Haha 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

6 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

Ha. Only possible if you put an axe through ALL of the cylinders while the lump is out Barry...

Fair play though, you put me to shame with your enthusiasm and gung-ho getting on with it

I still haven't fixed my clutch and now the MoT has run out. Piss...

Pull your finger out !

ffs get a grip and get the job done. I can’t wait to see this new manifold 

Only here once

Nobby's Engine hoist ain't got enough reach. Lots of tooth sucking and coffee drinking done. Gonna pull it out Friday with the tractor instead is now the plan

Only here once

There's not a cat in hells chance of getting her near that car. 

I will degrease everything and give it a lick of paint 

Only here once

The wife? :blink: :lol:

• Haha 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

After some slight issues with a heat shield and engine mount bolt last night we gave up due to fading light. 10 minutes after lunch and a cup of tea we have progress 8F6B0028-DF04-4C17-8DAC-342B83E6D8D4.thumb.jpeg.e3059dbb9da90920cc5d1b3b6514bc49.jpeg

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Tailgate off for engine removal. Never had to do that yet. I made up a set of stands ( 1/2" box section cut and welded at the correct angle with a flat plate on one end to fit over the pin on the latch) that hold the tailgate up out of the way while I pull the lump. Had my Clerk 2Te engine lift extended by 14" so it reaches and a bit of added counter balance on the base and it works fine with the engine tilt device, although I do have to have the car up on 2" blocks for the crane to get far enough in under the car. I remove the gas struts from the tailgate and my stands slot into the drain holes on the recess and clamp onto the tailgate latches, thus the tailgate can  be held up out of the way. Job done. Necessity is the mother of invention as I am usually working on my own on the cars and don't have a bloody big tractor to call on, plus I don't thing Mrs W would manage to lift a tailgate.

• Like 1

Tailgate hinges are well rusty - seemed easier to just bite the bullet and take it off and out the way.

gonna get the engine hoist modified to allow refitting of the lump back in. 

New manifold comes next week - need to get a list of parts for swapping.

grabbing the steam cleaner to degrease and clean up the engine bay and lump. Oil looks to have been weeping from the oil cooler collar by the oil filter - you could wobble that up and down slightly.

planning to paint up the red bits and give it a decent service. Once the engines back in - it’s off upto nobbys to have all the paint corrected

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I have all this to do on the S3 turbo. Kind of dreading it as it's been idle for 8 year's, although it did have an engine and gearbox rebuild before being parked up. Engine is coming out as rear bulkhead needs repairs, bot fuel tanks rotted out, obviously belts etc to be changed so its all coming out. Friend of mine is making a set of tanks in stainless steel so will last the life of the car. Bulkhead, not sure hows best to go about that one yet. Thinking cut out the bad areas, replace with marine ply and glass over it to give rigidity. Was hoping to have started on her by now but the S1 that came from the states has been delayed in the paint shop, so didn't want to have another car in bits while waiting for the S1. Also have the Excel to get finished, it's almost done. And now a couple of Elites maybe coming in for a work over. Enough to keep me busy for a while. Need a bigger shed. If I get the house sold then an old croft with BIG shed's will be our next home. We don't need three bedroom's, but I DO need a bigger shed.

• Like 1

It’s a very industrial cleaner I’ve just picked up from the farm - only just fits in the van and runs on diesel 

Only here once