free hit
counters
I'm weak - yes - and I've been bad again... - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I'm weak - yes - and I've been bad again...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
10 minutes ago, 910Esprit said:

Fake GT6 bonnet!   (insofar as its not a GT6)  Looks pretty straight on the photos.  Hardtop is a bonus

Yep - bonnet is Grp - and yes it's a gt6 one. Not for the purist - but it is a nice replacement. Makes the car significantly lighter as well which is a bonus

11 minutes ago, USAndretti42 said:

Nice looking Spitfire, Barry. Is it a runner?

Yep - even has 8 months or so mot on it.....

has a soft top as well. Interior is very nice and complete. Floors have been repaired well historically. Came with a whole set of floor panels and a boot full of spares and a load of stuff in the van.

pretty sure she is destined to be shifted on to provide some funds for the S3. It popped up on Facebook and even the missus was pushing me out the door to get it 

• Like 1

Only here once

24 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

It's ok - I've put it out of sight in my mates barn ??

Is that so you can sell it as a barn find then? Bound to put up the resale price.

• Haha 2

Lovely Barry. Should there be a comma in that statement? Maybe.

Anna Lisa [if you've seen my videos] got very into Michelotti and the other day when she came over to film she was all about Triumphs. So I told her a Spitfire might be an inexpensive foray into classic car ownership. It's a long shot granted but if you fancy sending me a PM you never know... maybe it comes to Ireland to be cared for by a Sicilian :)

• Haha 1

Nice one Barry. Saviour of all British Barn Finds! 

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Took the esprit out today - haven't driven it for what seems like ages......

still got the love ?....but tonight getting back home and parked up. A really strange tock tock tock sound from under the front - don't think I've ever heard that before - after the engines off that was - went on for a minute I'd guess whilst I'm hunting it

Only here once

Do your fans keep running after the engine is switched off?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• Gold FFM

It wasn't fans chap - sounded like something else....

theres hot pipes on by the abs pump thing - loops over to the other side of the car ?? Never seen that pipe before

Only here once

On 9/17/2017 at 21:03, Barrykearley said:

A really strange tock tock tock sound from under the front - don't think I've ever heard that before - after the engines off that was - went on for a minute I'd guess whilst I'm hunting it

Wife has planted a small thermonuclear explosive device, primed to go off after the car was parked and you were out of the way. Lucky the fuse was buggered mate.

• Haha 2

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

Could it be the pressure from the ABS system that's settling? Next time you hear it, try applying the brakes a couple of times with ignition off to see if that as any effect.

If it was after a spirited drive, it could also be coolant in the radiator or chargecooler radiator that's settling. But a loud noise there would indicate airbubbles, so better check the levels.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.