free hit
counters
Wanted S3 Turbo, blue, medium mileage and acceptable condition - Wanted - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Wanted S3 Turbo, blue, medium mileage and acceptable condition

acalabia

Hi all!

I'm looking to buy a Esprit S3 Turbo, either Giugiaro or Stevens, either metallic blue or ice blue. Maybe preferably Giugiaro, I'm more into the sharp lines.

I want to have it for very long time, so chassis, body and powertrain have to be in very good condition and medium mileage, preferably below 60k miles, but I could consider below 80k miles if it's worth

I don't mind if the paint or interior has some aging as long as the price reflects it.

To not make you waste your time, I could pay around £15k for one which needs either body spray or interior re-trim (but not both), £20k for one that either interior or paint has some aging but are good enough to keep running, or up to £30k if it's all in astonishing conditions

thabks! 

Alfonso

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes it was a nice car... he got some electric problems with the engine, though.

i think is definitely going to be a G Esprit, and Turbo. Unless someone tells me that there is more legroom in a Stevens version. I am quite tall and my legs are a bit on the edge for the G version, but I saw in a forum that there are some modifications that can be done to get a bit more legroom 

22 minutes ago, Dan E said:

How tall are you? I am 6 1" and I fit in mine fine. 

I'm 6.2. I do have more than enough headroom, the problem in the G car are the pedals. I have to put my legs in an awkward position to operate them nicely.

i found this page for possible modifications 

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EOtherstuff/TallDrivers.html

another crazy idea would be to throw some big cash on some ultra thin racing buckets 

18 minutes ago, Dan E said:

To be fair the pedals are pretty close together and it is tight down there but I always drive in trainers and have no problem  

Is not about the pedals being too close to each other, it is much worse in a Pantera. It is about them being too close to the seat, and hitting the steering wheel with my knees when operating them 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2017 at 19:32, acalabia said:

Hi all!

I'm looking to buy a Esprit S3 Turbo, either Giugiaro or Stevens, either metallic blue or ice blue. Maybe preferably Giugiaro, I'm more into the sharp lines.

I want to have it for very long time, so chassis, body and powertrain have to be in very good condition and medium mileage, preferably below 60k miles, but I could consider below 80k miles if it's worth

I don't mind if the paint or interior has some aging as long as the price reflects it.

To not make you waste your time, I could pay around £15k for one which needs either body spray or interior re-trim (but not both), £20k for one that either interior or paint has some aging but are good enough to keep running, or up to £30k if it's all in astonishing conditions

thabks! 

Alfonso

Alfonso

I have a 1986 Essex blue Esprit Turbo coming up for sale in around three weeks time, we are just doing some work on it .

Let me know if you are interested

Thanks

Mark