free hit
counters
Double wings - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Seen a few of these done like this.

More money than sense.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Maybe it's the angle of the picture, but it looks like the car has the large transom as well. Like the cars that came without a wing (GT3). So that would make it 3 wings... Definitely not as intended.

I don't mind double wings per se, as on the Cossie's. On the Esprit it takes away from the clean lines. But even though never intended to be combined, the wings appear similar enough not to make it look like a complete mess.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Maybe they could not make their mind and though " sod it "  I will fit both :P     I personally really like the  design of the mid mounted spoiler on the stevens esprit  :)

Would like to see what the results of a wind tunnel test for the aero would show for this conversion !

A

• Gold FFM

Yeah, would be interesting to see the effect on aero. Lotus advised against combining a wing with the large transom, this most be far worse.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

The amount of turbulence must be horrific, not to mention the downforce probably being destroyed by the aforementioned turbulent air.

I suspect the overall aerodynamic effect would be worse than no wings at all, for drag and downforce!

• Like 1

I never liked the big wrap-around wing, it looks like a pram handle !!  I've always liked to keep them original but I have to admit I swapped the SE one for the S4 high mounted and found the combination of this and the glass cooled the car too much.

DSC_0162.JPG

Esprits have had many different wing designs and positions, same with the Elise Exige range.

Only poor aero design need wings ! None of Chapman's road cars had wings.

possibly explains the popularity of S1 and S2 Esprit.

Simplicate and remove the wing.

Neil

• Thanks 1

All one needs is a Highwing. Done and dusted. 

lotus-esprit-se-highwing-c79822506201521

• Like 2

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• 2 months later...