free hit
counters
Hand built in Hethel... Who built yours? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hand built in Hethel... Who built yours?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rather scrawly signature on mine says 'A Moaling' or maybe 'A Mealing'. Car is A Mazing.

Nothings the matter. I think it just confirms what we all suspected all along, that it's just a bit of fake marketing baloney. It matters not to the enjoyment of my car, it could have said "Handb

This post is just for the craic... ????

Posted Images

I've often wondered about this after seeing all the different names on each plaque - surely this must be the engine or drivetrain they refer to, as surely there's no way they're inferring one guy put the whole car together himself.....?!.:o:lol:

41 minutes ago, Composite guru said:

I have a 2016 Elise Cup and don't have a name plaque in mine. They must of given up with the idea...

I think that it is the opposite. The plaques have only recently started appearing (probably a JMG idea). 

And you're right - there are different people on each stage or station of the production line so the cars are built by multiple people. I've no idea who gets the kudos/short straw of having their name on the car. 

not sure......who built mine........but mine was built in Hethel.......:devil:

not sure where Hethal is.......

I had one that was built in Cheshunt......lol

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

MJK built them all. Nuff said. 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

1 hour ago, theelanman said:

not sure......who built mine........but mine was built in Hethel.......:devil:

not sure where Hethal is.......

I had one that was built in Cheshunt......lol

I fixed the title in case anyone is wondering about the joke. :)  

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Gold FFM

As suspected. :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Come on what’s it matter, it’s just a plaque and it’s definitely built in the Uk and in my opinion very well built.

• Gold FFM

Nothings the matter. I think it just confirms what we all suspected all along, that it's just a bit of fake marketing baloney.

It matters not to the enjoyment of my car, it could have said "Handbuilt in Hethel by Donald Duck" for all I care.  Although on thinking about it, I might ask @alias23 if he can make a plaque with that on it!  :)

• Haha 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 4 months later...