free hit
counters
evora so comfy - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

evora so comfy

andyj007

• Gold FFM

it never ceases to amaze me at just how refined and comfy the evora is.

cruised it down to brands on saturday, the evora takes in our rubbish road surfaces andis just so refined, it does not crash bang or wallop, just sucks it all in..yet is lovely stiff in the corners.

i have the factory sports exhaust, (n/a) and whilst sounds beautiful  on acceleration in and out of the car, at 80mph is just sublime..

it puts all my previous and current cars to shame at just how comfy it is and the driving position for me (6ft) i can get totally perfect...

sat in a couple of 400's at the weekend, the original recaro seats seem way more supportive and comfy...  but that just be my tall lanky frame

Edited by andyj007

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Agree, test drive of an Evora moving from my isf is what sold it to me. Drove both over the same roads and the Evora dealt with the bumps and undulations much better which blew me away. It's such a composed car but then flat cornering. It's lotus magic.

• Like 2

It's the first thing anybody comments on when they get in the car. They expect to get pummelled, but end up getting cosseted,  even when pushing on.

I'll never forget my test drive with Jamie at B&C, I was blown away and still am.

In fact, it makes you wonder why most other sporting cars are so bad over the bumps.

• Like 1

Wish I could agree with the road bumps statements. Mine had been suffering from drop link issues but dear old Lotus hadn't got any anywhere until a few weeks ago. I'd been suffering too as it's my DD. It's being sorted at last and I can't wait to pick it up and get that feeling back. Not all bad news though as being out in the M100 is a bit of a blast, especially with the roof down.

• Like 1

Dave.

My old Evora S was a very comfortable car... my 400 is pretty good but not quite as comfortable. Some people rave about how the McLaren 12C/650S has magic carpet ride qualities, but those P11-chassis Macs have nothing on a gen1 Evora :)

That said, the new Mac 540/570 has taken the #1 spot for me as the sports car with the best ride/handling compromise. It's smooth and supple but also very playful and responsive. And twice the price of a 400 :blush:

Edited by chylld
can has grammar
  • Like 1

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

On 9/4/2017 at 06:59, Snoopy1969 said:

............bringing back the recaro seats would be a g r e at idea (......I know the cost cutting Regime...........)

Actually it was done to reduce weight and to introduce side mount airbags for the US market

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Julian73 said:

Actually it was done to reduce weight and to introduce side mount airbags for the US market

I doubt that that had been the f i r s t reason, also the recaro seat (sportster cs) is available w i t h side Airbag (see Homepage of recaro) ....

I think we sshould not think that all things that were published are the "only" reason... :-)

• Gold FFM

hi jay, hope your trips going well, message me when your back, have something you might be interested in a vid shoot...

18 hours ago, chylld said:

Add lightness :)

59af77b439cdc_ss(2017-09-06at02_20.18).jpg.db4c5f277816fb6b4eae6f683678e0ca.jpg

have these in my track clio, very light and seriously comfy.. designed the detail and colour scheme, these in a lotus would be epic.. im not sure it be physically possible to get in and out without a helping hand :)

DSC_6410.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Snoopy1969 said:

I doubt that that had been the f i r s t reason, also the recaro seat (sportster cs) is available w i t h side Airbag (see Homepage of recaro) ....

I think we sshould not think that all things that were published are the "only" reason... :-)

True nothing is done in manufacturing without cost review, however weight reduction was a publicly listed and achieved  focus of the 400, 410, 430 program.  The Sparco's did offer a weight reduction.

20 hours ago, Snoopy1969 said:

I thought it was because Lotus weren't paying their bills again and pissing off a bunch of suppliers, including Recaro?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Having had mine for 10 days and driving it every day so far, I had forgotten how good the ride, grip and brakes are in the early Evora. Such a pleasure :D

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Yep, unfortunately there are too many people that want to dismiss the Evora without trying one, usually along the lines of "it's a bloated heavy Lotus" or "I've heard the clutches and gearbox aren't up to the job"

It makes a very capable every day car and a fantastic long distance tourer that's more than capable on track. Added to that (sorry @C8RKH :harhar:) I can also get the grandkids in the back. Definitely no regrets on buying mine :driving:

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

@PaulCP if you want to put little biohazards in the back of your Evora that is fine with me.  Just make sure you have the appropriate external safety labelling re the biohazard and plenty of decontamination fluid in case of any spills during the thrills :)

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
On 9/14/2017 at 16:10, Bruss said:

A little dirty but very comfy.  Last day was a drive from Jerez Spain back to near Angouleme France. 13 hours and fresh as a wotsit.  Absolutely fantastic long distance tourer.

IMG_1136E.JPG

20170913_123252.jpg

is that flat grey with bronze wheels, or id it just dirt?