free hit
counters
TVR shows new car - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

TVR shows new car

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I wonder what happened to the old TVR designers, who could barely put a foot wrong (Tamora aside). Honestly they could put the last Tuscan back in production tomorrow and it would still sell like hotcakes so why change a formula?

This car will be a worry for Lotus if it succeeds, just like the last lot of cars. There are plenty of unsophisticated people with loads of cash who just want a weekend blatter and don't fancy a motorbike. Pistonheads must be glowing white hot with this news!

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

If that's the Ford Coyote engine its a monster and very reliable. I had it in my 2013 Mustang and with a Roush Phase one supercharger pushed out 650hp no bother whatsoever and can be taken to 750 hp no sweat. However, if its the same gearbox as the Mustang, its absolute pants, notchey and no finesse. As you booted the car the box twisted and you regularrly missed gears. 

cheers

Is it mostly carbon?

And the engine is the Ford Mustang 5.0 v8 with mods by Cosworth. Nothing wrong with that imho, but it should not be confused with a bespoke offering.

16 minutes ago, KAS-118 said:

Although I much prefer the Evora 430GT Sport you've got to ask how TVR can produce a mostly carbon 500bhp Cosworth engined car at £90k where as the 430bhp Toyota engined Lotus is £104.5k

With the last lot of TVRs all you had to do was peel back the fancy bodywork to see the difference, also in factory/spares backup.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• Gold FFM

Interesting to see what the real price actually is when it is available.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I do hope they address the corrosion problem that even the late cars suffer from regarding the chassis,  some of the pictures i have seen are quite shocking and should not of happened with todays paint protection systems.   did they even galvanize the chassis on tvr or just powder coat ?  

I do like the look of the look of the car though,  The engine is a good step forward as everybody missed the growl of the old rover v8, and the speed six engine got a very bad reputation regarding problems at very low mileage and was expensive to repair.  

Wish them the best and they have a pretty die hard fan base, just hope they get enough sales to keep them afloat as 90k is well out of budget compaired to what owners used to spend on the cars,  Lotus can afford to sell the new Evora for a lot a money as it is still supported by the elise range etc for further sales.  But TVR has all its eggs in one basket !  

Fingers crossed for them,  are they building them in the same factory in Blackpool again ?

A

The car has cool bits but the design sort of leaves me cold. They tried to update the traditional TVR cues but in the pictures and the videos out there they sort did not quite pull it off in my opinion. Maybe it is just the lighting in the pictures... But I don't think it is as pretty as a Tuscan or a Sagaris... I may change my tune if I ever see one in the wild.

On the inside it is very interesting, very clean, layered in leather, dual digital displays with an ICE that looks like a skin on the Parrot system that McLaren used on the 12C and 650S

This was a very nice and well orchestrated launch  ... from the online stream point of view of it that is.

Edited by NedaSay

Looked nice, good launch at the Revival too. Wasn't striking though in my opinion, none of it said 'wow' to me. 

20170908_133803.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Electric Power Steering ? As a layman I'd guess because it's more efficient , because it's probably cheaper and because it's going to develop into a much more tuneable system..  Develpoing a hydraulic system I'd guess heeds continuous valving changes ,  developing an electric system requires a lap top plug in ? Bet the next major Lotus release has electric power steering ?

Good luck getting to the top of the engine.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Had some time to digest it. Not a fan of the styling personally. Merely OK when it should have caused a stir. Seems quite conservative. 

Looks miles away from finished at the moment, not due out until late next year at the earliest. I wish them luck with it, I'd love to see TVR back again, the roads will be less dull with more of them rumbling around.

I showed the new TVR to my car mad 9 year old son for his opinion. He normally has a good eye for car design and loves Lotus.  After a long look at it has said "it looks a load of rubbish."

• Haha 2

I looked at it at Goodwood and although nice, it didn't provide the wow factor. I bet it's a great bit of kit considering the design team but wouldn't  be ok my list I'm affraid.