free hit
counters
1985 LOTUS ESPRIT TURBO UNFINISHED PROJECT - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

1985 LOTUS ESPRIT TURBO UNFINISHED PROJECT

1985 Lotus Esprit Turbo Unfinished project .
I purchased this from the last owner just over two years ago with the intention of finishing the project but the longer it goes on it seems I will never get round to doing it so its up for sale .
The interior was removed and wrapped and has been stored in my heated container [see picture] .
The last owner lifted the body off and rebuilt the chassis with new suspension etc underneath the car is like new.
He also stripped the interior out and engine with the intention of rebuilding the whole car like new but unfortunately never got round to finishing it .
The way it stands now is the body is loosely bolted to the chassis and the engine and box are also just sitting in the chassis as far as I know the engine is good but the turbo will need refurbishment .
when I collected the car we cleared out his garage so as far as I know I have all the parts that where removed from the car everything is boxed or wrapped .
The lotus also comes with a very large service history file and last MOT shows the mileage as 83371.
Please don’t email me lots of questions if you are interested and would like to know more please call Mark on 01245 248143 or 07732 339759

The post 1985 LOTUS ESPRIT TURBO UNFINISHED PROJECT appeared first on lotusforsale.com.

Click to view item

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It certainly is tempting and I'm genuinely 50/50 about going to take a look. I have the cash and my desire for a G Turbo is not in question, so what's stopping me?

Unfortunately the realist in me keeps coming back to the obvious problems that the engine and gearbox are an unknown quantity and there's no way to know if the car is even complete. I know Mark's given some reassurances here but in fairness (as I understand it) it's never been a complete running car in his ownership so even with the best intentions there could be some very expensive surprises along the way.

Am I being too cautious?

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

It only takes time and money to put it right - the less money you have the longer it takes......but if you need to save to get there, what's the rush? Surely the important part is owning something that will always be worth more than you put into it......if you're of a cautious mind. If you've got deep pockets then it's then back to the time it takes, whether you fix it or someone else. When done, whatever it will have cost, becomes the story it took you to get there. Finally - if you're super keen to get one and you let someone else in....the frustration will bug you for a whole lot longer than it will take to put it right. Time and money....:thumbup:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

.....if you're of a cautious mind.

- if you're super keen to get one and you let someone else in....the frustration will bug you for a whole lot longer

I am.

And yes, that's my special talent.. :(

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺