free hit
counters
Florida category 5 hurricane - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Chillidoggy

Florida category 5 hurricane

Apparently we're in line for a bit of wind from Hurricane Irma, as, according to the pundits, Florida is pretty much in its path.

As expected, and in true style, we have taken precautions and made sure we have enough beer, wine, gin, tonic in the fridge, as there's not much else we can do for now. I took a photo this morning, it all looked OK, no doubt things will alter a bit, though.

IMG_2796.JPG

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Might be worth a visit to Disneyland should be quiet

• Haha 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Be sure to take the same picture Monday morning.

• Like 2

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

I live in the bay just below Key Largo FLORIDA. We have mandatory evacuation because of flooding. I left my Atom 10 ft high in my garage lift.  My beloved DATSUN Z just below the lift with Jack stand. http://tinypic.com/m/jqt5at/3

However, the two Esprit has no place to store.

I have to go to my niece house in Ft. LAUDERDALE Florida just to be safe against flood but debris will not save my Esprit.

Check it out --- Before and After

http://tinypic.com/m/jqt54m/3

Then I wrapped it with shipping sarin wrap and hoping for the best

http://tinypic.com/m/jqt5ar/3

The storm supposed to land starting tonight 

Edited by Che

Oh good luck :(

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

8 hours ago, lotus4s said:

Ian,

Where are you in Fla? 

We'll be riding out the storm too here in Orlando...Good luck!

We're in the yacht club area of Cape Coral, right on the riverfront. We have an offer of accommodation at a safer location inland until it blows over, so decided to accept. Wind is one thing, but when you're only 3 feet Above sea level with no barrier, then there's not much choice!

Margate Exotics.

My sister lives in Riverview east of Tampa and has never really been that worried about these things but sure is now.....

Dave.

27 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

We're in the yacht club area of Cape Coral, right on the riverfront. We have an offer of accommodation at a safer location inland until it blows over, so decided to accept. Wind is one thing, but when you're only 3 feet Above sea level with no barrier, then there's not much choice!

Great! I was a little concerned when I saw your pic and knew you must be right on the coast. 

1995 S4s

We moved this morning, and are as safe as possible now, in another villa miles inland, which is 12 feet above sea level.

Fridge full of beer, vino, limes and tonic water. Job done!

Margate Exotics.

My father in law lives just south of Tampa (Bradenton). I thought they would be spared the brunt of the storm, but it kinda looks like he'll be in the cross hairs now.  (I never could see how it would hook that sharply to the northeast and Miami, but I'm no meteorologist, just saying it looked like a major hairpin curve to make suddenly. 

We've been down the past 3 years to visit and I think his lanai maybe toast after this, but you never know (hopefully that would be the worst). There is no basement in the typical slab ranch home. We added a few Tampa streaming TV stations to our Roku to keep a focus on the situation  Now it's wait and watch.

Edited by comem47

Just caught up with this on live feed,  400 miles wide !    Crazy,  America sadly is having a bad time with weather atm  :cry:   Some saying it will be 12ft of water entering housing by the coast of Florida and most power is out. :(

A

Press and weatherman exaggerated the storm so much. We all know it's dangerous already but some exaggerated the situation beyond category 5. I heard one stupid press said the other day, big storm is good for economy.

My backyard is a big body of water (A bay) . My neighbor who stayed texted me. The storm is currently passing, the water level is normal and the wind is 53 mph. If stayed this way, by 12pm the storm will weaken in my area.

Big storm good for economy :ermm: That press guy needs smacking round the head with a large wet fish !    I wonder how long it takes the insurance cheque to come through to cover the damage for the folks that have been affected,  that is probably after many insurance companies try and find loop holes or decide not to cover all damage sadly :(

A

Act of god

Looks pretty serious on CNN

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

1 hour ago, silverfrost said:

Big storm good for economy :ermm: That press guy needs smacking round the head with a large wet fish !    I wonder how long it takes the insurance cheque to come through to cover the damage for the folks that have been affected,  that is probably after many insurance companies try and find loop holes or decide not to cover all damage sadly :(

Sunday Telegraph has quoted some idiot trying to guess how much it's going to cost the insurers :ermm:

Amazing Tampa bay, water sucked by IRMA and pushed it to the ocean. The Hurricane is not even schedule to hit them 3 to 4 hrs from now.

Then tomorrow the water will come back hoping not to create a tsunami. 

Remind me of the TV Series "draining the ocean " http://www.kcra.com/article/tampa-bay-water-irma/12212650

Mother nature !

The wrapping works. So much debris and lots of hush palms hit the Esprit but not a scratch. This thing works. Even the professor of the University of Florida who teaches marketing told me I should make this as a business hahahaha! But he was serious upon seeing how the wrapping  withstand  in 90mph wind. Our street are littered with debris. I will do this again in a heartbeat.

sw7879.jpg