free hit
counters
B&C Silverstone day - 18 Sept - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Gm77

B&C Silverstone day - 18 Sept

Gm77    250

Anyone attending the Bell & Colvill day at Silverstone on 18th Sept? I'm taking the 400 - its first track day ever!

Greg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
The Pits    2,648

Enjoy, I hope the weather's kind. Failing that, turn everything off and chuck the car about a bit for fun. Nice wide track with plenty of run-off.

I would loved to have joined in but don't have anything suitable to drive since selling the Exige.

Gm77    250

Thanks Jonny! You could bring the Caterham ...

I'm actually using the session to work out whether to swap my Elise for something else as my track day car, the choice being a Cup 250, a Sport 380, change the exhaust in the 400 to make it more track friendly, or go the Caterham route. And the one car that won't be there is the Caterham....!

The Pits    2,648

Sorry, after two seasons of very reliable running the K-Series is now in need of a refresh. So I don't even have that option sadly!

M4rk    99

I will be there, look forward to saying hello.  I'm working with @david_pittard again for another great day of coaching.  

I'm hoping the weather will be fair to us this time around, if not there'll definitely be lots of slides and yee-haa moments! :) 

• Like 1

Gm77    250

No worries @The Pits - would have been great to put a face to the name

Excellent @M4rk. I'll be easily recognisable as the one dribbling at the sight of your Cup360. @Gashead1105 will be jealous as we both had the same reaction when seeing it in the B&C showroom 10 months ago.

Greg

GFWilliams    217

I didn't get an invite, I guess I'm not a good enough customer :(

M4rk    99

I'm not sure but I think they only send their calendar out once a year.  I wasn't invited as such, I saw the circuit club email in March and called to see if there was space.  

If you ask they will add you to the database, I'm not sure they automatically add you.

GFWilliams    217

Looks like I'm going thanks to Stu, can't wait!

• Like 1

M4rk    99

Should be a great day, weather currently looks dry which is a big plus!

GFWilliams    217

Great day out, unfortunately I wore through my rear brake pads by lunch time so bar a couple of slippy sideways laps when the rain arrived I called it a day early.

Mark - love the spec on your car, looked great!

Trevsked    442

Looked like a great day out on track with a few interesting cars. Seemed like a quiet day there to me and a shame I didn't have a track car with me as I'd have liked to see how the Elemental went. Anybody that saw the car on track have any comments?

Trevor.

GFWilliams    217
9 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

Looked like a great day out on track with a few interesting cars. Seemed like a quiet day there to me and a shame I didn't have a track car with me as I'd have liked to see how the Elemental went. Anybody that saw the car on track have any comments?

Trevor.

Didn't see them out on track once... They looked to be in the pits most of the day

M4rk    99

Cheers George.  I really liked your paintwork, not seen that colour in person yet, it really pops in the sun.  Next time I see you, I will have to chat about some of the upgrades you've made.  Sounds like you were putting Race mode through its paces.

Yes, another great day on track.  Weather was kind in the morning.  At the end of the day me and David had some fun in the car exploring the grip levels...quite shockingly I got overtaken by one of the works Ferrari's while having a slight sideways moments at Luffield!  

The Elemental chaps were friendly and I chatted to a few of them but I didn't see the car while I was out on track either, nearly blagged a hot lap but it was raining pretty heavy by then and I was a not up for getting wet.

GFWilliams    217
10 hours ago, M4rk said:

Cheers George.  I really liked your paintwork, not seen that colour in person yet, it really pops in the sun.  Next time I see you, I will have to chat about some of the upgrades you've made.  Sounds like you were putting Race mode through its paces.

Yes, another great day on track.  Weather was kind in the morning.  At the end of the day me and David had some fun in the car exploring the grip levels...quite shockingly I got overtaken by one of the works Ferrari's while having a slight sideways moments at Luffield!  

The Elemental chaps were friendly and I chatted to a few of them but I didn't see the car while I was out on track either, nearly blagged a hot lap but it was raining pretty heavy by then and I was a not up for getting wet.

Didn't use race mode all day, I hate it on track tbh. It's very restrictive and I find it noticeably slows me down out of corners. On the road it's brilliant though!

As an ex Caterham you've summed up one of the biggest problems with that type of car, when it rains you get wet and it's not very enjoyable...

M4rk    99

Oh, good skills then, I wrongly assumed it was Race mode wearing your rear pads.  I must turn everything off next time so I can feel the difference, I'm getting much more confident with the car now.

Gm77    250

Good to meet you yesterday Mark.

It was a fantastic day - was really impressed with Silverstone as a track. There was some very interesting sections. And very impressed that the 400 kept the Exiges honest - all except George's which shot past me at a rate of knots!

Greg

The Pits    2,648

I'm impressed that the organisers let George get away with his one-man drift fest. Normally they come down pretty hard on such antics. Providing you keep well away from other cars, a wet trackday should be an ideal opportunity to practice car control and see how a car reacts beyond the limit in relative safety.

Who was running it?

Trevsked    442

It was Silverstones own day.

Trevor.

M4rk    99

Thanks Greg, good to meet you too.  The Evora's that were running that day looked great out on track and certainly had pace.  All in all a good day out for the Lotus crew.  I'm sure we will catch up again at other tracks.

Yes good point Jonny, some people have said to me before that they've been spoken to for too much tyre squeal, let alone drifting.  They did seem pretty relaxed there to be honest, perhaps they take a view that if there is no one around you it is ok.  There were certainly a few overtakes on corners that didn't appear to get challenged.  I think there was only 3 red flags all day, they seemed to have the right number of cars booked as the track ran well I thought.

Whilst I was not even close to having the level of fun George did, I had some slides in my last session out and I think David Pittard was enjoying it as much as I was - I must turn the DPM fully off next time though.