free hit
counters
V6 Exige forged wheels - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

V6 Exige forged wheels

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Definitely no on a 380. Unlikely that any 360 cups with the new gear linkage will become available any time soon. So modification is (or will be) the way forward. My car doesn't look right on black wheels - to be honest, your offer is a little bit early for me from a cashflow perspective but........

1 hour ago, Gashead1105 said:

Definitely no on a 380. Unlikely that any 360 cups with the new gear linkage will become available any time soon. So modification is (or will be) the way forward. My car doesn't look right on black wheels - to be honest, your offer is a little bit early for me from a cashflow perspective but........

You only live once!!!

I can easily have a set done in LF1 gold ( Called Mars gold - Matt), same cost as black ones

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, usurp said:

Can someone tell me what kind of difference can I expect by upgrading to the forged wheels? From some of the comments it sounds like the difference is major but in what way?

The car rides better, the steering is lighter and more accurate and the car will just be faster down a road due to the huge unsprung mass reduction.  

• Like 1

Didn’t you have the nankang tyres on your standard wheels though George, which are heavier than tyres you now have ? Re rotational mass,  tyre weight will make more difference than wheels ?

All that said, I did drive the Silverstone original 350 demonstrator with forged wheels and I’m sure it was better handling on the bumpy stuff than mine.  

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

The forged wheels make a noticeable difference  imho in particular re the steering / turn in agility ...

I agree they belong on our cars not sure if they do look better than my matte black standard wheels before ...

25 minutes ago, DJW said:

Didn’t you have the nankang tyres on your standard wheels though George, which are heavier than tyres you now have ? Re rotational mass,  tyre weight will make more difference than wheels ?

All that said, I did drive the Silverstone original 350 demonstrator with forged wheels and I’m sure it was better handling on the bumpy stuff than mine.  

Yes, but also had the Corsa tyres on when I first got the car which I assume would be a fairly similar weight to the Trofeo Rs. The weight of the wheels is a bigger difference than the weight of the tyres

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mcx said:

I bought a set of these earlier this year.. don't need 2 sets sadly :). the car seems to go pretty well with them on, maybe it's all in my head .. 

I'll chalk them up as another reason you get away from me on track, in addition to Race Mode

• Like 1

Great wheels…strong and light.

Bought these Rimstock produced wheels a couple of years ago for my CupR ….. got the KT proprietary ET ….. a bit more aggressive up front  and very slightly less weight overall. ;)

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

On 10/4/2017 at 11:37, Arun_D said:

I'll chalk them up as another reason you get away from me on track, in addition to Race Mode

Have been driving a lot more with everything off recently on track.. seems quicker :)  I suspect it wont be quick enough soon.. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...