free hit
counters
V6 Exige forged wheels - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes different to the original OEM rims. Better dimensions and I believe 285 tyre compatible without the need for a spacer!

www.alias23.com

3 hours ago, chumaxa said:

So they are different from the one Lotus sells ? 

Fronts are identical

Rears from Lotus are ET35 on the 350 cars etc etc

For the cars with 285 rear tyres Lotus had Team Dynamics add a 3mm shim to the mount face of the wheel making them an ET32

The rear wheels Imran refers to have an ET33 Offset

• Thanks 1

On 28/04/2018 at 18:09, alias23 said:

That’s what I did! If you’re reasonable with your sale price then they do sell. Mine sold in three days from memory.

I have the @Seriouslylotus lotus forged wheels and they have the offset and dimensions spot on! Better than OEM!

Out of interest what did you get for your old wheels (some man maths going on here)

I'm budgeting around £300 a wheel sale price for very good condition diomond cut hobbies?

hopefully I'm in the right ball park!

Edited by LDiz

1 hour ago, LDiz said:

Out of interest what did you get for your old wheels (some man maths going on here)

I'm budgeting around £300 a wheel sale price for very good condition diomond cut hobbies?

hopefully I'm in the right ball park!

Sorry but no... need to be a bit realistic im afraid and expect circa £600-800 a set resale value.

www.alias23.com

5 minutes ago, alias23 said:

Sorry but no... need to be a bit realistic im afraid and expect circa £600-800 a set resale value.

No problem, I saw one for £345 with no tyre on eBay, but good to know where I should aim price wise thank you 👍

10 hours ago, LDiz said:

No problem, I saw one for £345 with no tyre on eBay, but good to know where I should aim price wise thank you 👍

That'll be from the Lotus Centre, they price them high for single wheels.

Pitch them around 850-900 what with them being diamond cut.

Edited by TheKevlarKid
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 550superfast said:

looks like they are on sale too

Every time that I have seen that page, they have been ‘on sale’. 

While I very much like the idea of lighter forged wheels (ideally a fraction wider than standard for my 350 so I can fit the wider rubber), the looks of the OE/KT forged wheels just don’t do it for me and I prefer the looks of the standard wheel. Obviously I appreciate this is entirely subjective!

As yet, I haven’t seen a forged wheel for the 350 that I really prefer over the standard wheel, however I do really like the look of the wheels on the 311, which I assume must be forged. Any idea how difficult it would be to fit them to a 350?

06CEDA4E-B291-486F-BB7D-B2D1204B3702.jpeg

7AB2048E-827A-4815-A01B-63FEBC5B83C9.jpeg

27203329-D908-48BF-9120-F2946E9D7335.jpeg

• Like 1

Virtually impossible.

Rears on the 3Eleven are offset by about 50mm more than the exige's. So fitting to an exige's would create SERIOUS rubbing!!!!!!!

Also they are 18/19

• Like 1

Back to the drawing board then!

I imagine it is sacrilegious to even ask this question, but if the 311 has 18/19s, why not go down that route with an Exige? Is it the usual “destroys” the ride quality argument (although not sure how that can hold if it works on a 311)?

12 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

Back to the drawing board then!

Do BC Forged do a wheel which is a similar design to the 3-11 wheel?

If so, they can make up any of their forged wheels in whatever sizes & offsets that you want. 

http://www.bcforgedwheels.co.uk/showcase/showcase-alternative-layout/

16 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

While I very much like the idea of lighter forged wheels (ideally a fraction wider than standard for my 350 so I can fit the wider rubber), the looks of the OE/KT forged wheels just don’t do it for me and I prefer the looks of the standard wheel. Obviously I appreciate this is entirely subjective!

As yet, I haven’t seen a forged wheel for the 350 that I really prefer over the standard wheel, however I do really like the look of the wheels on the 311, which I assume must be forged. Any idea how difficult it would be to fit them to a 350?

Exactly the same here. I've said it before, but to my eyes the 3-Eleven and Evora 410 etc style wheels are much nicer, whereas the Exige forged design looks a bit more resolved in Elise Cup size. I'm definitely in the minority, though.

Happy enough with my y-spoke cast wheels until something suitable comes along (that's not 6k+ HRE wheels), so I'll just have to brake less to make up for the mass delta.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Do BC Forged do a wheel which is a similar design to the 3-11 wheel?

If so, they can make up any of their forged wheels in whatever sizes & offsets that you want. 

http://www.bcforgedwheels.co.uk/showcase/showcase-alternative-layout/

I have seen BC Forged wheels mentioned before but not investigated fully. Are they reputable?

BC Forged are well regarded and produce quality products with good service.  If they've got a style of wheel that you like you could do much worse.

I've no experience with them on a Lotus, but I do know quite a few people who are happy with them on a variety of other cars.

• Like 1

BC Forged are for sure reputable and a number of Exiges now running them... only challenge is there built to order circa 4-8 weeks which isn't a problem until you bend a rim and need one quick.

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

2 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

I have seen BC Forged wheels mentioned before but not investigated fully. Are they reputable?

Absolutely. My track wheels are BC Forged. 

They are decent forged wheels for a decent price (certainly a lot less than others charge for forged wheels). 

However, like @alias23 said, the lead time can be quite long. They are made to order in Taiwan so mine took about 10 weeks to arrive. 

• Like 1

Thanks, certainly sounds worth investigating further in that case.

Would you be able to retain/fit Lotus center caps if using BC Forged wheels? It’s a small but important point for me. I know I am anal about these things, but I want to retain the OE look as much as possible 

We have been working with Braid for many years now.  They have some nice looking forged wheels.  Not quite as cheap as TD, but at least they can actually deliver a good product.

https://www.braid.es/wheels/products/competition-wheels_p8/racing-forged-wheels_p24/forged-i_p387.html

Dave

4 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

Would you be able to retain/fit Lotus center caps if using BC Forged wheels? It’s a small but important point for me. I know I am anal about these things, but I want to retain the OE look as much as possible 

I think so, yes. 

But I actually run without any on my track wheels. They just fall out anyway once they get hot.