free hit
counters
Delco-Moraine ABS Deletion - Page 11 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
swindon_alan

Delco-Moraine ABS Deletion

10 hours ago, Erikl said:

I will sell you all of my ABS parts

I am in the midst of installing the system referenced in this thread.  I suspect there are many systems available now.,

Hi Erik, thanks, i'm looking forward.

There are not that many systems available... As I see it there are 2 kinds of people: people with a large garage who keep all their old parts (yes,me 😉 ) and normal people, who throw away broken things :-). Neither of them have a system available... 😄

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Update on the next batch of brake kits -

I’ve made some design alterations to improve the bracketry, and to simplify the installation process. With less parts required, I’ve also been able to reduce the price. I reckon the first kit will be available in perhaps four weeks time. Those who have already expressed an interest, I have you on the list, and will contact you in due course.

On 02/03/2019 at 10:08, Karl lambrechts said:

Hi Erik, thanks, i'm looking forward.

There are not that many systems available... As I see it there are 2 kinds of people: people with a large garage who keep all their old parts (yes,me 😉 ) and normal people, who throw away broken things :-). Neither of them have a system available... 😄

http://www.invasionautoproducts.com/abspump-and-motor-pontiac-abs-gm4600107.html

I found this, it's not cheap but they say it was reconditioned

When I bought the esprit in 2009, my master pump was leaking oil. The car braked quite well, but the pedal was a bit hard. The abs group, (near the headlight) had been bought new by the old owner, so I I bought the latest new delco moraine powermaster III from the Lotus factory.
Now it still works well and I hope it still works for a long time, the pump turns on every three or four brakes for a few seconds, and the ABS works well. I change the oil often and I only use good quality dot4.
I noticed that often many people put too much oil, this spoils the pump and the car does not brake well.
I'm sorry Karl, I kept the old power master complete with tank and abs sensors, but honestly I would like to keep it, I always have the hope of being able to repair it.

2 hours ago, RS blu said:

http://www.invasionautoproducts.com/abspump-and-motor-pontiac-abs-gm4600107.html

I found this, it's not cheap but they say it was reconditioned

Hi RS Blu,

I saw a simular add some time ago, and decided nearly to buy, but did not. Luckely because they are different, the pushrod is different. ( I saw that also in the operation manual I bough last.) But the owners of Pontiac's, Cadillac's .... have the same problems as we, so if I run into a cheap (also broken) one, i'm willing to buy, just to have a closer look.( I presume they are cheaper than the Lotus version...).

It is good to hear that your master is ca 10 years old. I believe, but it is hard to track, that the good working Delco Moraine's are the ones which were replaced... I think non of them reach the age of 20.

My advice: replace the brake fluid as indicated by the manufacterer (3-4 years will do), and especially take care the system is properly bleeded, so no air is in the master. You can do a lot yourself,  simply by depressurizing the system, and to flush the abs recirculation valves. When you depressurize, have a look into the reservoir: the amount of air is an indication how bad it is 🙂 let us know with a picture 🙂

To all who are going for a deletion of the Delco Moraine i'm still interested to buy one!

Edited by Karl lambrechts

I don't remember very well, but when I replaced mine I had to modify the pushrod, the cylindrical part where the pushrod is inserted in the master was longer and largest on the new unit so I had to remove an adapter that was on the pushrod.io I had to use a hacksaw, but I don't remember exactly what I took off.

This is my old unit , you can see the small cylinder

IMG_20190313_214549.jpg.1f7277d45d488a0d777833e946758d3c.jpg

When I depressurize the brake , also in my rear tank the oil turns brown, but it did so even when the master was new.

IMG_20190313_212507.jpg.825d3446b9316e0395f00b407e5ded98.jpg

my new unit with longer cilinder

IMG_20190313_225022.jpg.aa9ae1c07b0ed7da0780fe24afa0a181.jpg A082J6115F.jpg.1f1a73a3b1f3d730ecad0c2d90e39234.jpg

here you can see the longer cylinder, obviously the pushrod must be shorter.
Now I think my new unit was from a pontiac ...

ciao Roberto

Edited by RS blu

I collected the revised fabrications this morning, those of you who already expressed an interest I will be in touch with details soon.

Anyone else interested in ditching their Delco Moraine rubbish and fitting a brake kit please message me at [email protected]

And if you are interested to sell your broken Delco Moraine?, please message me. I still want to pay a fair amount , but let us be realistic, it is broken (master and/or pump)...  🙂

I now have 6 conversion kits left from the batch. Anyone else interested in ditching their Delco Moraine rubbish and fitting a brake kit please message me at [email protected]

I now have 4 conversion kits left from the batch. Anyone else interested in ditching their Delco Moraine rubbish and fitting a brake kit please message me at [email protected]

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 11:23, Chillidoggy said:

I now have 4 conversion kits left from the batch. Anyone else interested in ditching their Delco Moraine rubbish and fitting a brake kit please message me at [email protected]

And a discount is now available for TLF Full Forum Members.

• Like 1

Powder-coated in Unobtanium, and includes two free tickets to the 2018 Lotus Festival.