free hit
counters
Transforged Racing Afterburners & GRP Halo Lights - Page 7 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Transforged Racing Afterburners & GRP Halo Lights

• 10 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 9 months later...

Hello Dom,

You’ve got the very common ‘hyperflashing’ issue. You’ll need to fit a resistor into the circuit. 

Get in touch with Greg @GRP and he’ll tell you how. 

11 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Hello Dom,

You’ve got the very common ‘hyperflashing’ issue. You’ll need to fit a resistor into the circuit. 

Get in touch with Greg @GRP and he’ll tell you how. 

I've read up on fitting resistors and ready to go. Any idea where to mount them as I've read they get very hot and should be mounted to metal. Am guessing that underneath the carpet on the aluminium wouldn't be smart?

8 hours ago, Dom193 said:

Any idea where to mount them

I don’t think that you need to attach them anywhere. Just solder them in line and tidy up as such:

B73F2060-6898-4D67-9270-930792C4F271.jpeg

Whatever you do, don’t attach them to the back of the light units then come back on here, bellyaching and whinging about GRP when your plastic light units start to melt. 😉😛

16 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

I don’t think that you need to attach them anywhere. Just solder them in line and tidy up as such:

B73F2060-6898-4D67-9270-930792C4F271.jpeg

Whatever you do, don’t attach them to the back of the light units then come back on here, bellyaching and whinging about GRP when your plastic light units start to melt. 😉😛

😀no whinging here, thanks for the pics really useful.

• Like 1

Am I correcting in that GRP is the only place currently offering aftermarket lights for the Evora?

@Dom193 What was the total cost of the lights after shipping and duty etc?

Edited by electro_boy

1 hour ago, electro_boy said:

Am I correcting in that GRP is the only place currently offering aftermarket lights for the Evora?

@Dom193 What was the total cost of the lights after shipping and duty etc?

GRP were charging 399USDollar for the lights and 51USD shipping. I had a 6 month wait for delivery due to covid lockdown issues with materials but think Greg has solved that now. His communication throughout was excellent. The resistors to solve the hyperlink issue £8.99 on amazon and the hardest bit of info to find on all the forums I looked at.......you wire the resistors into the green and black wires on the GRP lights.

Was it worth it, IMO definitely they look amazing, ill post some photos when I get them fitted back onto the evora.

• 2 weeks later...