free hit
counters
Transforged Racing Afterburners & GRP Halo Lights - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Transforged Racing Afterburners & GRP Halo Lights

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There is another option (which also come from the USA). These have just been released by Greg’s Race Parts (GRP) and can include a reflector:

https://gregsraceparts.squarespace.com/evora-parts/grp-replacement-halo-tail-light-set

I’ve just ordered a set so I can tell you how I get on when they arrive. 

Oh yes... By far ?

Thing is, I don't think the GRP ones actually look much better than the originals. I love the design of the afterburners even when they're switched off - and that's how I'll see them most of the time.

I just hope the quality matches the price. I'm a fussy bugger ?

On 9/24/2017 at 17:12, Brendonian said:

Oh yes... By far ?

Thing is, I don't think the GRP ones actually look much better than the originals. I love the design of the afterburners even when they're switched off - and that's how I'll see them most of the time.

I just hope the quality matches the price. I'm a fussy bugger ?

I also love the look of the afterburners but would wonder about the MOT point now. 

• Like 1

Someone quoted the MOT regulations in an earlier thread and apparently stick on reflectors aren’t sufficient. 

@Brendonian, even if you swap the lamps over for the test each time, it doesn’t avoid the fact that the lights are technically illegal for the rest of the time. Like someone said, if you to get rear ended, an observant plod could take a very dim view on that. 

• Like 1

Missed that - thanks. (I'm not considering, so hadn't really researched).

( I'd be amazed if cops (or anyone else) would notice at non-MOT-time? Its so rare to see an Elise/Exige/Evora I can't see them noticing (?) )

2 hours ago, Brendonian said:

I agree with Mik, it's highly unlikely anybody would ever spot anything amiss.

If I were in the habit of parking on the side of the road at night, I'd consider reflectors essential, but otherwise, I can't see that they're at all important.

My car does live at the side of the road - hadn’t thought about that! 

2 minutes ago, astirling said:

My car does live at the side of the road - hadn’t thought about that! 

In that case, I'd strongly suggest looking into adding reflectors somewhere on the rear if you decide to go for the Afterburners. I'm sure there must be something that could be added relatively unobtrusively. Maybe on the diffuser surround.

On 29/09/2017 at 12:30, astirling said:

If I were in the habit of parking on the side of the road at night, I'd consider reflectors essential, but otherwise, I can't see that they're at all important.

Cars don't have reflectors on the front and it's not illegal to park on the side of the road facing the flow of traffic. 

/devils advocate.

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.