free hit
counters
Tyre pressure lamp - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi,

I just got an Evora 400 (2016 model).  The tyre pressure lamp in the dashboard is constantly.  I checked tyre pressure on all wheels and seems fine but lamp remains on.  any idea how to reset/switch it off?

Edited by BRIAN ABELA

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome Brian. A constantly illuminated TPMS light indicates a problem with the system and the manual recommends a trip to your dealership. 

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
Also referred to as TPMS and will indicate if any tyre pressure falls below 80% of the recommended value. The TPMS incorporates self-malfunction recognition and if a fault is detected the tell tale will flash for one minute and then remain constantly lit, this sequence being repeated for subsequent ignition cycles; the system may not be able to detect or indicate low tyre pressures. See your dealer without delay.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I had a similar problem with mine when one tyre was under 24PSI. I reinflated the tyre but the tyre Leighton the dash stayed on and although the readout on the dash showed the right pressure it was still flashing. Tried disconnecting the battery, still the same. I finished up overinflating all the tyres to about 38PSI and that reset the dash, reset the tyres to the correct pressures and all is fine. Hope this works for you.

Welcome to TLF Brian. :welcome:

You should duck over to the Introductions thread and say hi in there as well. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

10 hours ago, BRIAN ABELA said:

Thanks Ramjet, will do....when I figure out how to do so :)

Introductions

:) 

ps. I think you'll have to do what Bibs said and go to a dealer.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

In my my 12 i have had a misfunction / warning sound and yellow light, checked the pressures, everything fine, after 10 starts 3 / 4 days later the system resets / yellow light disappeared....had this some times, esp when its getting colder and or the car sits for some days (pressure shown on the display has not been flashing)

11 hours ago, BRIAN ABELA said:

Tried overinflating but did not work I'm afraid.  Any other suggestions?

Did you go for a drive with the tyres overinflated? It doesn’t have to be far, just needs to be long enough for things to reset.

I had a similar problem, lamp still didn't go out after inflating it back or even over the recommended pressure.  I read on Lotus talk that someone said to significantly let some pressure out before inflating and this has now worked for me on the last two occasions.  As said previously you need to go for a drive just for a bit but hopefully as the pressure readjusts the warning lamp should stop flashing with a bit of luck.