free hit
counters
Exige - DIY headlamp eyeliner - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Exige - DIY headlamp eyeliner

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So for 2nd lamp I used proper decorators tape to stop all the glue being left on bodywork and lamp. 

47_FF546_B_F105_48_C2_893_A_383856_CA55_

you  can see initial spray which I dry with hairdryer to ensure future coats stick, instead of running down panels. 

D8_CF124_F_DA9_D_4271_83_F4_40_E8259_D65

however in the 2nd lamp I dried the overall paint too much, which meant I didn’t get a clean line on one part when removing the tape.   Good thing is though, you just peel it back off and try again ;)

C34_B8_E1_E_376_C_422_F_B30_F_90_C44721_

Edited by DJW
  • Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

21 minutes ago, Stubox said:

Nicely done. How durable is that stuff ?

btw that condensing combo boiler offer looks good too ?

I’m sure a stone would pierce the vinyl, but rather that than the paint I suppose. Test of the equivalent plasti dip have been pretty good. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Now didn’t your mother tell you  “if you haven’t got something nice to say ...... “

Edited by DJW

Hey not much to it ...man of your means could do it easily.  I see on playground Exige watch thread Colin is doing same but with a wrap.  Be interesting to see how his comes out, as could be harder wearing. 

Absolutely love it - I think the eyeliner look is super-coolB-) I also like how it defines the 380 from the 350, but can see why you did it. Yours go all the way round the light, so are slightly different anyway:thumbup:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheKevlarKid said:

You're all about 4.5 yrs late to the party... lol

Yes but we did it ourselves.

You had it done by Motorsport and that's cheating!!!!( Couldn't do mine 4.5 years ago as I didn't have the car?

12 hours ago, DJW said:

Wrap or spray job Dave ?

Wrap

2 hours ago, ArthouseCompany said:

This new eyeliners look terrible, ruins the front of the Exige. Sorry guys 

Sorry Peter but just don't agree with you there - I love them.B-)

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, alias23 said:

Will Silverstone be removing the 'spray wrapped' items?

Surely they’d only do that at the request of a buyer. It looks to be done well and enhances the car in my view anyway Imran:thumbup:

Car will be at Silverstone Friday, when I swap over to the 380.  I expect they will leave eyeliner there for buyer to decide one way or the other. Would only take couple of mins to remove if not needed.   I quite like it