free hit
counters
2-Eleven Nut & Bolt Refresh Project - Page 2 - 2-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
TheKevlarKid

2-Eleven Nut & Bolt Refresh Project

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 16:02, TheKevlarKid said:

Funny enough colour has been on my mind from day one! Thought about doing it to match the gte - red, grey stripe and gold wheels ,would look good and would keep the main colour of the car as is, but (please tell me I'm not going mad) I can't stop think about going matte gold with satin black decals/stripes ,diffuser, splitter and wheel etc ,get the right balance of black on gold and it would look a proper 70's racer...

Mr Chapman has already beaten you to that idea Gav 

2545639.jpg

B-)

Front and rear suspension on and she's back on her wheels. Trip to the paint shop this week to get the scuttle panel sprayed and then I can get the roll cage back in.

Before -

IMG_20170922_155108-1.thumb.jpg.dbe879ce0bebf35109dece4525c49ab3.jpg

After -

IMG_20171022_1732219.thumb.jpg.c7edbeda1b657295109ed5ce4d6ce1c6.jpg

IMG_20171022_1732559.thumb.jpg.37ea66f54b540c7d78275b48d0f54c2b.jpg

• Like 2

There is still a lot to do! Not even looked at the engine and gearbox yet, going to get a diff put in the gearbox and the engine all cleaned up and tidy. More cleaning, great!! 

@21gg I hope so!! So far I'm happy with it, it's a very similar shade to that on the gold GTE, slightly different mix though.

I saw that car a good 3 or 4 times while it was being built. The first time was when all the panels were painted and they sat on the holding frames to the side of the production line. My initial reaction was one of - 'Oooff, who in the hell has ordered that?'. It's was quite overwhelming seeing nothing but gold, gold and more gold!

However, the next time I saw it, it was placed on the chassis with some trim added on, not much but it certainly didn't take my breathe away like it did the first time. The next, it was pretty much finished and the car started to look really good. It was still a bit too gold for me because the owner had asked for the roof and side scoop intakes to be painted where it would have looked so much better had they been left in carbon, none the less the overall look had some serious appeal to it. 

I saw it a final time before it went on its way, the owner had requested to have the gt4 style decals put on it, and imo, it totally ruined it... It went from hero to zero in the space of the time it took them to do it. Looked a total dogs dinner!!

Get the balance right and yes it could look stunning, get it wrong and it could look completely crap. It's knowing when and where to stop with it...

Hopefully a taster of what's to come -

IMG_20171028_193529_593.thumb.jpg.224ec3817737d5f8d6c4ec02d8d2d4d2.jpg

• Like 1

I only saw pictures of that gte pre decals, it looked a lot better than I thought it would but as you said, needed a little less gold. As you say, the black your 211 should balance it out nicely. Your shade looks a little more ' yellow ',  good though.Now hurry up and get it finished ? 

It's a funny colour to capture on the camera, unlike chrome orange or krypton green which tend to look washed out in pictures and are difficult to photograph, the gold seems to pop out more than it does in real life.

Take two photos from the same spot and the slightest shift of the lens from the original position will make it look a totally different colour again when viewed back. It looks good in the flesh and I'm looking forward to bolting more bits back on it to get a better feel for the combo, I'll play it as it goes.