free hit
counters
2-Eleven Nut & Bolt Refresh Project - Page 4 - 2-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

2-Eleven Nut & Bolt Refresh Project

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm really loving this colour, so pleased I went with it. You need to see it in the flesh to really appreciate it...      

Posted Images

:wub:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Gav, did the paintshop remove the mesh grilles or just mask them off?

Oh, I just scrolled back before submitting and it looks like on the front clam the mesh hasn't been removed or masked so presumably it was then painted black afterwards?  Is that right?

Paul

• 5 weeks later...

Pfff, where has that month gone??

I'd hoped to have it all done and dusted by now but 'best laid plans' and all that... ive had a few delays, one being the exhaust which should have been done before Xmas but the company doing it for me cancelled it until now. 

I'm having two made, one for the road with a sports cat and small back box (original 2-11 stage1), the other with a de-cat pipe and larger back box for track which should cover all but the strictest noise limits. 

All bolted together with 'V' bands for quick change out.

IMG_20180129_1045315.thumb.jpg.05e8bce29643aaef2f86d711cd0c161c.jpg

Also finished off the last bits of paint.

IMG_20180120_1624593.thumb.jpg.428b9917f4d6b006d93693edade89e11.jpgIMG_20180120_1622157.thumb.jpg.e3328bd743343e5059a2e9da2325cf8d.jpg

IMG_20180122_1934167.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

:wub:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow! 

• Like 1

Evora NA

Cheers guys!! Sigh of relief I'll tell you, could have easily gone the other way and look atrocious! Few more little jobs to do but nothing major. Waiting for a few small parts from Lotus to get the drivers seat in and then she's off for a geo and MOT. Whoop!!

@tim_marra I thought I was going to have to put some decals/stripes/something to break up the gold but it's all come together beautifully, can't tell you how chuffed I'm am with it. Doesn't need anything but I may put a roundel on the side with the build number of the car on it.

• Like 1

@AdamK  the original plan was to do a tribute to that car. However, as the build went along it required a lot more new mechanical parts than I first envisaged. I had to make a few cost savings so had it painted in the single colour. To be fair, it would have been difficult to make it work as good as it looks above, and I'm really happy how it has come out now it's all back together, so we're still good!