free hit
counters
Trying to find.... - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Big Vern

Trying to find....

Hi, Apologies if this is in the wrong section, mods please move if needs be. .... Im trying to locate previous owners of my 1986 Esprit S3 in Red. The current plate is LIL 9350 but the original plate was C999 CYT.. I just wondered if there was a slim chance there maybe someone on here.....

Many Thanks

Brett 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Brett, write to the DVLA pay I think it was £5 and say you are trying to find the history of your car. There is a form for it. Then they send you all the V5's then get on Google. 

I spoke to the lunatic who first owned mine which was interesting he was in a band, complete and utter nutcase and a couple of others. Interesting stuff, wife thought I was a bit weird though ?

• Like 1

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Thanks folks i shall deffo do that. Ill keep you posted if i find anything out. Especially who put the after market spoiler on!

$_12-5.JPG

• Confused 1

So i sent off the form with my hard earned £5 and it was returned stating they cannot release the information for the reason i stated (which was to find the history of the car as its now as a classic vehicle) therefore it does not fall under their 'reasonable cause criteria'.

They stated 'reasonable cause criteria' as 

. where details of a previous keeper are needed for court proceedings
. finding out who was responsible for an accident
. tracing the registered keeper of an abandoned vehicle
. tracing the registered keeper of a vehicle parked on private land

There is no mention of a classic car history at all, so maybe its changed now. Shame if it has......

Must have changed. 

Write to them again and say you want to "tracing the registered keeper of a vehicle parked on private land"

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

They have, it was announced about a month ago. The FBHVC was only notified after the decision had been taken and are concerned that exactly a scenario like this would start to affect enthusiasts

The DVLA will only release information if you own the vehicle you're enquiring about.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Hi Brett, just found some details of the guy I bought LIL from back in 2014, let me know if you want details, I have mobile number and his eBay name.?

Vince 

• Like 2

On 03/02/2020 at 11:08, S3 said:

Hi Brett, just found some details of the guy I bought LIL from back in 2014, let me know if you want details, I have mobile number and his eBay name.?

Vince 

Hi Vince, yes please that would be awesome :) 

Hi Brett,

His name was Mark Carter, 07974442949, ebay name twincams3, if you don't have any luck I'm sure I can find his email address, I remember asking Mark about the spoiler before I bought LIL as I was concerned that she was being used for track racing but he assured me that she hadn't, (I bought her blind from eBay) I'm sure Mark put the spoiler on and my first job was to take it off, she looks fantastic now well done,👌

just a quick question if you don't mind, I want to get my S3 resprayed at some point but don't want to spend the 10k that people say it costs as I don't really want a garage queen, I'm just wanting a tidy usable classic, was LIL anywhere near the 10k for respray, it looks a very good job ?

please keep me updated with LIL's history as I would love to know more.

Regards Vince

Thanks Vince ill try contacting him through ebay, if i dont get any response ill get back to you re the email add if you can find it. Ill message you about the respray :)