free hit
counters
Small Problems With The Evora 400 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Small Problems With The Evora 400

Dr.D

So could anyone tell me if Lotus is working out some of their problems that they have with the Evora 400? I’m seriously looking to buying one in 2018 but with some of the problems I’ve been hearing about I don’t know? I’ve been looking at some YouTube videos and Lotus blogs about problems people have had with the Evora 400. Nothing major just small things like seats squeaking, heating and A/C problems, stereo and window problems.

Does Lotus actually listen to the problems that people are having and are trying to fix the issues in there manufacturing proses (Assembly Line)? I know there’s no perfect car, they all have some kind of problems! But the closes Lotus dealership to me is 82 miles round trip so less time having to go there the better!   

I would think Lotus being a small auto manufacturing company I would hope it would be easy to change assembly proses on their line more so than a larger auto company. With any small company you have to rely on a good product, good customer service more so that a larger company. With the cars being all hand built all the technicians on the line should be paying close attention to details. A lot of the problems that I’ve been hearing about should have never have left the Lotus building. 

So in closing I would like to say “I love everything I’ve read and heard about the Evora 400”. Everyone seems to love the car. I just want to know if “YES” Lotus is listening to the owners and their problems and that there doing something about them.

I want to be part of the Lotus family and show off my new Evora 400 and be a salesmen to people that comes up to me and asks about my new car.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have an early 2016 model, the only real issue I had was with the seats leather moving and I got it put back in place at my near by dealer. I know they have modified them since as many customers complained.

I am not a fan of the entertainment unit and it has had some regular updates,  not something that needs addressing though.

From what i have heard, Lotus has always been opened to adress issues on guarantee and this has clearly been part of the process to improve the product.

• Gold FFM

Seats, hvac have both been redesigned. The stereo is what it is. Sound isn't great but then again the exhaust is. If this is an issue budget for some new speakers/amp and fettling. Not sure what the window issue you mention is, not had any issues on either of my Evoras. 

Yes, there were some bugs on the early cars, they have mostly been ironed out. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Had seat runners and aircon replaced under Warranty on my 400 no problems. Did 5k trouble free miles in 10 months. 

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Had my 400 for six months. The only two faults that have developed while I have had the car are that the passenger seat won't tilt forwards, and the boot release button doesn't work. I'll get them fixed under warranty at the next service. Otherwise it's been brilliant.

• Gold FFM

Don't believe everything you see on YouTube @Dr.D

Lotus run a policy of constant quality improvements at the factory. It is one of the benefits of the way they build cars - to implement small production changes is quite easy. 

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Bought my 400 in June. Did an 800 mile run-in in 26 hours. And then brought the car home (which introduces a fair expanse of open sea to the nearest dealer).

Not had a single problem with the car and absolutely love it. As do my kids, wife and just about everyone else I see on the roads.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
23 hours ago, Zebedee said:

Bought my 400 in June. Did an 800 mile run-in in 26 hours. And then brought the car home (which introduces a fair expanse of open sea to the nearest dealer).

Not had a single problem with the car and absolutely love it. As do my kids, wife and just about everyone else I see on the roads.

You need to update your profile Colin.

And in your neck of the woods, you can be assured that a car will be put through it's paces. ps, I'm just trying to organise next years trip......

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Loquacious Lew said:

Just drive one.  You'll know.   However, a test drive in a dealer demo  only scratches the surface of what the car is and can do.  You  get a sense for the great view from the wheel, the delicious feel of the steering and the unexpected competence in the way the car deals with road irregularities and oozes confidence and poise.  That last bit defies a great deal of the myths we sometimes hear about Lotus's cars over  here.  Of course you expect it to handle beautifully (and it does) but what you will not be prepared for is how refined and  compliant the package is. Realizing and then embracing the benefits of Lotus' superbly refined simplicity was  the stunning revelation of my introduction to the marque. 

Exactly this. there is no car with a better ride / handling setup and it is no surprise that McLaren and Ferrari used the original Evora as a benchmark for their cars. Nor is it a surprise that Aston Martin wanted Matt Becker for the DB11

https://blog.caranddriver.com/qa-with-matt-becker-ex-lotus-and-current-aston-martin-chassis-whisperer/

• Like 1